For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bhjb03's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 12:57 AM

Need a higher up to complain to

I have a Verizon customer for the past 15 years, but wanted a MOTOX phone, that I was not aware Verizon actually offered. So after some research, I go onto AT&T website & had a "sales" chat with a salesman, I asked this person if there was coverage in my area. He stated that yes, and in fact the coverage was excellent. So I took a chance & paid the $70 for the phone, and changed carriers. BIG MISTAKE!!! (sorry for mispelled words, I'm furious right now!) I get the phone & start trying to make calls & get a notice on my phone that says "NO MOBILE NETWORK AVAILABLE"!!!! My family can't call me, I can't call out, I can receive texts & that's it. That's only bc I have wireless WIFI in my home. I call AT&T Technical Support & was told, "we're sorry, there's nothing we can do, but you do have 14 days to return the phone & get out of the contract." I asked when that 14 days would be up & was told this Friday, July 25th. I call Verizon, go back to them, no problem, just hung up with AT&T & they informed me that since I did not call within 72 hours of activation, I owe $65 for the 568 minutes I was able to use in the past 10 days!! WHAT?! I was never told about a 72 hour deadline to call to de-activate, only a 14 day one. Which I did. I was diagnosed with severe seizures 2 weeks ago & am so thankful that at the time I had VERIZON and not AT&T because there would have been no way for my family to call 911. What's even more crazy...$65 is pennies to a billion dollar company like AT&T, but as a single mother of 3 is grocery money. I have also been a LOYAL customer to AT&T for the past 2 years for wireless internet, never been late on a payment & 98% of the time, pay the bill the minute it pops up in my email. But the manager just reminded me that I am a "valued customer"?! Uh....compared to what?! I think AT&T needs to learn the definition of valued customer & take their $65 for the 568 minutes I was fortunate enough to find bars to call out on, and eat it. Customers mean nothing to them. Never have, never will. I would like to know if someone could please tell me who, ABOVE AT&T that I could complain to? Because it is clear, their managers, could careless. If anyone could provide me with a email, phone number, whatever...I would greatly appreciate it. 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, bhjb03!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that our service didn't work out for you. We would be happy to discuss your recent bill with you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@bhjb03 wrote:

I have a Verizon customer for the past 15 years, but wanted a MOTOX phone, that I was not aware Verizon actually offered. So after some research, I go onto AT&T website & had a "sales" chat with a salesman, I asked this person if there was coverage in my area. He stated that yes, and in fact the coverage was excellent. So I took a chance & paid the $70 for the phone, and changed carriers. BIG MISTAKE!!! (sorry for mispelled words, I'm furious right now!) I get the phone & start trying to make calls & get a notice on my phone that says "NO MOBILE NETWORK AVAILABLE"!!!! My family can't call me, I can't call out, I can receive texts & that's it. That's only bc I have wireless WIFI in my home. I call AT&T Technical Support & was told, "we're sorry, there's nothing we can do, but you do have 14 days to return the phone & get out of the contract." I asked when that 14 days would be up & was told this Friday, July 25th. I call Verizon, go back to them, no problem, just hung up with AT&T & they informed me that since I did not call within 72 hours of activation, I owe $65 for the 568 minutes I was able to use in the past 10 days!! WHAT?! I was never told about a 72 hour deadline to call to de-activate, only a 14 day one. Which I did. I was diagnosed with severe seizures 2 weeks ago & am so thankful that at the time I had VERIZON and not AT&T because there would have been no way for my family to call 911. What's even more crazy...$65 is pennies to a billion dollar company like AT&T, but as a single mother of 3 is grocery money. I have also been a LOYAL customer to AT&T for the past 2 years for wireless internet, never been late on a payment & 98% of the time, pay the bill the minute it pops up in my email. But the manager just reminded me that I am a "valued customer"?! Uh....compared to what?! I think AT&T needs to learn the definition of valued customer & take their $65 for the 568 minutes I was fortunate enough to find bars to call out on, and eat it. Customers mean nothing to them. Never have, never will. I would like to know if someone could please tell me who, ABOVE AT&T that I could complain to? Because it is clear, their managers, could careless. If anyone could provide me with a email, phone number, whatever...I would greatly appreciate it. 

568 minutes is over 9 hours. That means you actually used the phone, on average, about 1 hour per day. 

The $65 includes the activiation fee of $40 (which is the fee that is refunded if you cancel within 72 hours) and the partial month of service. $25 for 568 minutes is less than 5 cents a minute...not too bad in my opinion. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 years ago

.....And you are returning a phone which is now USED.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.