For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Corinnacat's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 6:06 PM

Frustration with non-native speakers based elsewhere trying to handle customer service

I have been on hold or with a person who could not help me for over thirty minutes.   I simply wanted to change my service plan to unbundle from UVERSE, which I have NEVER USED to just the internet.   The rep was from somewhere else -- not based in the U.S. and after confirming everything I had said I wanted at the beginning of the call, simply said it to me again about three times.   Using such stilted English I had to ask for clarification.    WHY OH WHY do our U.S. companies think using Indian, Pakistani or South American non-native English speakers accomplishes anything but irritate their clients.   And now, I am waiting for someone in customer service to take the line, because this person could not do what I asked...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Ed, in Charlotte, North Carolina helped me.   After over 30 minutes on the phone with some rep overseas who did not understand the problem, nor the language that well, I got connected to Ed who was awesome.  Excellent service.  Wish my call had originally gone to him!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have a question for you - How did you end up getting to Ed for help? I just had something VERY similiar happen to me today but when I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone in the USA, the rep hung up on me. Needless to say, I am very irritated with AT&T because of this and the kicker is, all I called for was to confirm that my services where being installed tomorrow but somehow I was told that my appointment was cancelled among a few other things that were incorrect. So how did you get them to transfer you - I would love to know for next time. Thanks!!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Folks having issues with customer service, you can send a private message to the social media customer care team, and they should be able to help you.

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.