Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
csegobia's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 12:03 AM

EXCESSIVE Hold Time

It took me over an hour on hold and with a rep to resolve a couple, few questions on my current bill.

I was on hold for 41 minutes before ever reaching a representative!! Come on ATT Hire more people to handle customer service putting your supposed valued customers on hold for 41 minutes before ever reaching a live person is ridic! and supervisor-Derrick in Wichita KS ID#***, could not escalate my complaint or give me the right dept to complain to I had to go line and live chat with someone to escalate my complaint, get to a forum.

Please let me know you take these excessive hold times seriously and can hire more people to help in "High hold times" SERIOUSLY, that's always?? You just do not have enough real people to help your customers!! The exec's just need smaller bonuses and less excess pay when us CUSTOMERS are waiting wayy too long on hold. PLEASE RESPOND CORPORATE, Thank you. Long term customer C.S.      

[Edited for privacy.]

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

10 years ago

One time, when we still had Time Warner (or Comcast), I called Customer Service and was on hold for over 2 hours before I hung up. 

I was so mad after about 45 mins., I thought "I'm just going to see how long I'm on hold!"  Thank goodness, that's the record (for me) and has yet to be broken by ANY CS department.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for sharing. How about LONG Hold times here at ATT? 41 minutes is the worst for me, so far (Except DELL laptop support I HAD to fix my computer at the time, so I had to hold, but left them shortly after) I have other close 20 Minutes+ w/ATT but come on 41, 45 minutes is not acceptable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just hit the 52:30 mark... And all support chat agents are busy as well...

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, andybooker!

Thanks for posting. Was there anything in particular we could help you with here on the forums? We have quite a few resourceful community members who would be happy to assist if you could provide more details.

If the issue is account-specific, we encourage you to click here to send us a private message. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

OMG AT&T is awful, with awful hold times. I had a ? on our small buisness Uverse acct. I called the number on the statement  for billing and support: 1-800-321-2000. After waiting a 1/2 hour and agent tells me: "oh you have the wrong #"  Reply: "It is on your statement"  Agent: "you need  this phone number 1-800-288-2020.  So I call that number, then the agent says, "This is residential Uverse" and you need accounts receivable, let me connect you.  After 15 minutes the call gets disconnected. HOW ABOUT PUTTING THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE NUMBER ON THE STATEMENT and training your customer service agents. This has left such a bad taste in my mouth with at&t.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

8 years ago

@smallbuisness, I'd suggest that in the future you ask questions here by sending a Private Message to ATTCustomerCare .  The response time may be longer than the hold time, but you can be doing other things and you're much more likely to get the correct answer the first time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Excessive hold time to reactivate data plan after ATT mistakenly suspended it while I traveled internationally.  Over an hour so far of time spent waiting to connect with an agent to resolve the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

47 minutes and counting right now. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Well I have been on hold with the "Customer Loyalty Department" for 2 hours and 12 minutes and running..... I am trying to cancel my U-Verse service as well as 2 land lines. I have made multiple attempts and have never succeeded to get through the ridiculously long hold times. Today I was committed to getting it done , but I think they are going to win again, I won't be able to stay on hold much longer as my job and life in general will get in the way.

This is insane, they have literally made it impossible to cancel service with them. I have been paying now for over 6 months on these services I am unable to cancel. What a joke this is..... [Edited to comply with Guidelines] There must be several others like me stuck on this merry-go-round. UUUgh!!!!

It's now 2 hours and 20 minutes and counting.......

Steve

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

3 hours trying to renew my contract and still have had ZERO success. Let me repeat: I AM TRYING TO GIVE THEM BUSINESS AND IT'S TAKEN OVER 3 HOURS AND STILL NOTHING. Now i want to cancel my service - how in the world am i supposed to do that? Just pathetic!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.