Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Arpie's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 8:40 PM

AT&T irony is second to none!

I've tried twice now to take the survey on this site and lol still couldn't figure out how to do it. Leave it to ATT to make a simple process confusing. It is part of a growing problem as huge conglomerates are being formed and consumers have fewer choices.

One perfect example of this is the refusal of ATT and others to support the new nomorobo software now available to successfully thwart robocalls. They have no valid position for this stance I'm aware of, and a somewhat cynical person might conclude their purpose is to let those who can't really afford the more expensive uverse package be harassed into doing so.

My solution is to set my answering machine to 1 ring.  I've had to inform all my friends to just say hello and I'll pick up quickly. Of course I'll still hear the many vultures out there circling, and perhaps miss a few calls. Just part of the increasing price those sitting in the cheaper seats will have to pay. 😞

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Arpie!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you've had difficulty submitting a survey. We would certainly appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to send me a private message with any concerns. As for the issue with the nomorobo software, we would be happy to review your account and explore some other options, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Marianna: Thanks for the reply. Happy to learn there are AT&T employees who read these forums. Actually gives AT&T a leg up on Google, lol. Whoda thunk. They rely monstly on the kindness and savvy of their more experienced users.

Finally figured out what I was missing in taking your survey, and I think it speaks to the growing divide between IT pros and the aging public, with whom they are clueless on how to effectively interact.

A quick background summary: I bought a used Osborne 01 back in 1984 and got hooked, so I'm not really a complete novice. But now at 70 I've lost my ability to fathom most of instructions I receive. In the case of your survey, I apparently need to use the Trust.e browser, but as the window appears below on the right corner how was I supposed to know this even was a window? A simple 'click browser window here' could have saved me a lot of time.

The name of this browser sure is in synch with this threads title. I decided I wasn't sure I could really 'trust' AT&T, especially as I don't recall ever having to switch servers to take a site survey before, and I've done quite a few. Then there's the fact you're in lock step with Verizon in not supporting nomorobo for standard landline service and backing the Tea Party financially. This combo hardly inspires trust, but I'll gladly answer any questions when I hear from you. One tip I'll pass on here is it would be far better in future if you could just post a direct link to your email instead of one that connects with your home page. All sites have different structures, and I wasted another 5 minutes figuring out how to send you a PM. 

I should add that while I consider AT&T's management questionable, I have to give them credit for hiring top notch techies. I've been quite impressed with the repair dept. in San Diego. I live on a ranch with lots of trees so there are often problems. But they are amazing quick at dealing with downed or shorting lines, and very helpful by phone for other issues.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.