For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
1kegger1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 29th, 2014 3:35 PM

Unavailable channels

I have Uverse "450" in Grand Haven, MI... I am not pleased that Uverse has decided that they don't want to pay for NHL network & the CW.  Both of these are available on the archaic Charter cable system.  Also what's the point of touting all of the "available" sports channels (re: Fox sports) when all of the games other than our local Fox Sports Detroit, are blacked out?  We pay the premium for these extra channels but can only watch replays.  As usual, the customer is the one that suffers for their money saving decisions.... just a vent I guess which I'm sure will not have a resolve.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@1kegger1 wrote:

I have Uverse "450" in Grand Haven, MI... I am not pleased that Uverse has decided that they don't want to pay for NHL network & the CW.  Both of these are available on the archaic Charter cable system.  Also what's the point of touting all of the "available" sports channels (re: Fox sports) when all of the games other than our local Fox Sports Detroit, are blacked out?  We pay the premium for these extra channels but can only watch replays.  As usual, the customer is the one that suffers for their money saving decisions.... just a vent I guess which I'm sure will not have a resolve.

Out of market games have to be blacked out on all other RSNs except FS DET per league rules.  They are good for many colledge games though.

Uverse has not had the NHL channel for years, if you'd have checked b4 getting service you'd have known.

The CW is on a subchannel that ATT will not carry unless it was one of the big 4 Networks.

For both the CW and NHL channel request them here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/ 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Well Chris.... quite the "smell me" answer here.... "if you'd have checked before getting service you'd have known that"... what the heck kind of answer is that?  ... and fyi, I've had Uverse for MANY years and gosh oh golly, I HAD THE NHL CHANNEL WHEN I SIGNED UP and they took it away!  Because they choose to not pay for it is the only reason we don't have it which was my original rant to begin with!  All the other providers in my area HAVE it, Uverse doesn't.  The customer suffers here.

"The CW is on a subchannel that ATT will not carry unless it was one of the big 4 Networks" is also not an answer, it's a statement which obviously I already knew. They choose not to carry it unless.... blah blah blah.  Again the other providers in my area HAVE it, Uverse doesn't. The customer suffers here.

I know of the blackout rules which are the same for all of the major sports leagues... what I find odd is my nephew in California has the NHL package thru his AT&T satellite provider and he can watch ANY LIVE NHL broadcast every day!  This is not available here to my knowledge.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@1kegger1 wrote:

Well Chris.... quite the "smell me" answer here.... "if you'd have checked before getting service you'd have known that"... what the heck kind of answer is that?  ... and fyi, I've had Uverse for MANY years and gosh oh golly, I HAD THE NHL CHANNEL WHEN I SIGNED UP and they took it away!  Because they choose to not pay for it is the only reason we don't have it which was my original rant to begin with!  All the other providers in my area HAVE it, Uverse doesn't.  The customer suffers here.

"The CW is on a subchannel that ATT will not carry unless it was one of the big 4 Networks" is also not an answer, it's a statement which obviously I already knew. They choose not to carry it unless.... blah blah blah.  Again the other providers in my area HAVE it, Uverse doesn't. The customer suffers here.

I know of the blackout rules which are the same for all of the major sports leagues... what I find odd is my nephew in California has the NHL package thru his AT&T satellite provider and he can watch ANY LIVE NHL broadcast every day!  This is not available here to my knowledge.

@1kegger1 wrote:

There is no such thing as an AT&T satellite provider at this time. AT&T has a contract to sell DirectTV, but they are still two separate providers. The merger between AT&T and DirectTV has not been finalized yet, and there is always a chance it may never be finalized if it is not approved by several government entities.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

@1kegger1 wrote:

Apparently he has NHL Center Ice, which allows you to watch many (if not all) NHL games.  No, NHL Center Ice is not available on U-verse.  There is no "AT&T satellite provider," though AT&T does act as a reseller for DirecTV for its customers who cannot get U-verse TV.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, Indianapolis is getting ready to have that happen to the CW, as well, with CBS moving to where the CW is now and the CW is going to 4.2.  The response from AT&T sounded a bit laughable, sadly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.