Reply
Posted Jul 14, 2013
Still no Hallmark channel

Wondering if U verse is ever going to get the Hallmark channel. One reason I switched back to cable after two months. They'd better do something about this because they are losing business and customers.

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
7-15-2013 7:46:57 AM
0
(0)

Hi zoey5552,

 

Thank you for sharing your opinions with us, they are highly valued! In case You didn't know, You can make channel requests here. This is the best way to let AT&T know which channels are desired by it's customers or potensial customers.

 

Please let me know if you have any other questions:smileyhappy:

 

Thanks again,

Dmitriy.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Still no Hallmark channel

5,161 views
20 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(20)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

According to your message below, lack of the Hallmark Channel was not the only reason that you are no longer a U-verse TV customer.

 

http://forums.att.com/t5/2013-and-Earlier-Relevancy/Post-about-the-Hallmark-channel-here/m-p/3315783...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

That's true, it wasn't the only reason...Bad reception and poor picture also played a part. And the modem failing constantly after being replaced. I got fed up with the slow internet too that I bundled with. I do have an AT&T cell which I am very happy with...but the TV and internet....no thank you! Just what you prefer I guess!

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

zoey5552 wrote:

 

They'd better do something about this because they are losing business and customers.


By the way, U-verse TV had 2.7 million TV customers on September 30, 2010 which was around the time that the Hallmark Channel was removed from the lineup.  As of  March 31, 2013, U-verse had 4.8 million TV customers.  I don't see the loss of business or customers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

zoey5552 wrote:

 

That's true, it wasn't the only reason...Bad reception and poor picture also played a part. And the modem failing constantly after being replaced. I got fed up with the slow internet too that I bundled with. I do have an AT&T cell which I am very happy with...but the TV and internet....no thank you! Just what you prefer I guess!


Based on your comments, I am mystified by your first post.  It would seem that even if the Hallmark Channel was part of the U-verse lineup, you would still not be a U-verse TV customer.  What was the purpose of starting this thread?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

it starts with a t and ends in an l.  Nothing more than stirring the pot.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

Uverse's picture is fine and internet is not slow i had cable before all i had was constant outages .

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

I was voicing my opinion like everyone else. Not having the Hallmark channel was one of the issues I had with U verse as I said. There were others. Adding them all up, I chose to leave...this is a forum and I am voicing my concern over some of AT&T's services like everyone else. I did not however say it with hatred like I have seen some posts here.  This was my experience. Isn't this what a forum is for? I am not stirring the pot but expressing why I left U verse and internet. You can make your own decisions on what service you want.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

If your goal wasn't to stir the pot then why exactly did you post something about it? This is an original topic so you wern't replying to someone's question.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

I thought we could post any concern we had. I will ask another administator about his. :smileyindifferent:

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

zoey5552 wrote:

 

I thought we could post any concern we had. I will ask another administator about his. :smileyindifferent:


I think what everyone is trying to understand is why you, not being a U-verse TV customer and not wanting to be a U-verse TV customer, would have such a concern about the Hallmark Channel not being in the channel lineup that you would create a thread about it on a U-verse TV forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)
Yea Uverse has already had 1000 posts about Hallmark channel the person who put this thread up there is not a customer anymore why would they be concerned about what in Uverse's lineup .

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

Because I was reconsidering my decision to come back...just weighing my options here...and this is my post. I can discuss anything issue I have. I am done with this post now...obviously! :cattongue:

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

zoey5552 wrote:

Because I was reconsidering my decision to come back...just weighing my options here...and this is my post. I can discuss anything issue I have. I am done with this post now...obviously! :cattongue:


If true, this was an odd comment:  "I do have an AT&T cell which I am very happy with...but the TV and internet....no thank you! Just what you prefer I guess!"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)
I'll offer this up, given that I came here to see if the Hallmark fiasco with Uverse had been resolved and I see the terse attitudes being displayed here. You have sealed the fate of Uverse with THIS customer so yes zoey5552 may be correct in saying that Uverse is losing customers based on the decision to not carry any of the Hallmark Channels because they will not be gaining THIS customer. My better half watches Hallmark more than any other channel so when moving to a new location where Uverse is offered, the decision to NOT go with Uverse is SOLELY based on the fact that they do not have Hallmark in the lineup. Your display of the customer base going from 2.7 to 4.8 million customers proves absolutely nothing with regard to LOST customers or customers that choose to forgo the Uverse lineup because Hallmark is not included. All it says is the customer base has increased 2.1 million for SOME reason. If Uverse had included Hallmark, the customer base could be 6.9 million (for an arbitrary example, much like your 4.8 million correlation to Hallmark vs. non-Hallmark). If texasguy37 is any example of the administrators on this forum, AT&T will continue to NOT get my business. And if the other complaints about slow speeds and modems failing...then all the more reason to stick with Charter who carries Hallmark and consistently provides me with 40-60mbps internet speeds, all over a modem that I have (literally) had running for 16 months without cycling power...that is what I call rock solid performance.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

zoey5552 has had 21 posts since she announced she was leaving U-Verse on September 28, 2012. She must be friends with Larry11 aka Paul 416 aka many other numerous names who has posted too many times to count after leaving U-Verse for his beloved Comcast.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

sanfoja wrote:
I'll offer this up, given that I came here to see if the Hallmark fiasco with Uverse had been resolved and I see the terse attitudes being displayed here. You have sealed the fate of Uverse with THIS customer so yes zoey5552 may be correct in saying that Uverse is losing customers based on the decision to not carry any of the Hallmark Channels because they will not be gaining THIS customer. My better half watches Hallmark more than any other channel so when moving to a new location where Uverse is offered, the decision to NOT go with Uverse is SOLELY based on the fact that they do not have Hallmark in the lineup. Your display of the customer base going from 2.7 to 4.8 million customers proves absolutely nothing with regard to LOST customers or customers that choose to forgo the Uverse lineup because Hallmark is not included. All it says is the customer base has increased 2.1 million for SOME reason. If Uverse had included Hallmark, the customer base could be 6.9 million (for an arbitrary example, much like your 4.8 million correlation to Hallmark vs. non-Hallmark). If texasguy37 is any example of the administrators on this forum, AT&T will continue to NOT get my business. And if the other complaints about slow speeds and modems failing...then all the more reason to stick with Charter who carries Hallmark and consistently provides me with 40-60mbps internet speeds, all over a modem that I have (literally) had running for 16 months without cycling power...that is what I call rock solid performance.

Sanfoja and zoey5552: do you have access to AT&T's subscriber numbers to prove your contention that AT&T is losing subscribers or could have gained more subscribers if U-Verse still had the Hallmark Channel? Please site your sources and links for your contentions and information.


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 14, 2013
0
(0)

sanfoja wrote:
 If texasguy37 is any example of the administrators on this forum, AT&T will continue to NOT get my business.

texasguy is NOT an administrator on this forum. 

 

He's an ACE like the rest of us.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 15, 2013
0
(0)

All I was doing was posting a questioin wondering if Hallmark was back. I do know that many people are upset because the Hallmark channel is not included. I was a customer of Uverse for a short time then cancelled my service, but I have been a long time customer of other AT&T services.  I was not trying to cause a fire storm her but expressing my experiences with U verse. This was my experience and I am a member of this forum just as you are. My opinons are my own just as yours are but to question every reply and why this and why that is not appropriate in my opinion. This is a forum to discuss issues and gain knowleged from other members. I am not sorry I even started this, as this was not my intention.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jul 15, 2013
0
(0)

Hi zoey5552,

 

Thank you for sharing your opinions with us, they are highly valued! In case You didn't know, You can make channel requests here. This is the best way to let AT&T know which channels are desired by it's customers or potensial customers.

 

Please let me know if you have any other questions:smileyhappy:

 

Thanks again,

Dmitriy.


Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

Solution
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 15, 2013
0
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.


Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Still no Hallmark channel

Share this post
Share this post