For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Breakwater's profile

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 9:50 PM

Media Share/TVersity appears then vanishes

I am using Media Share and TVersity to listen to internet radio stations through my UVerse system. Everything goes great at first. All the stations appear on Media Share and sound wonderful. As soon as I stop listening and start up Media Share again, the stations vanish out of Media Share. I can get them back by rebooting the computer and rebooting the UVerse system. I know there must be something that I forgot to check during setup but after weeks of trying, I am completely stumped. Two "C" drives appear when I first boot up and then one of them go away and I lose the stations.

I really enjoy the internet stations compared to Urge music. If anyone has an idea what is going on, I would very much appreciate some insight.

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

I think I solved my problem with help from dhascall and michail77. I swore I made my Windows Media Player folder in Program Files a shared file. Obviously, I did not or somehow it went back to a "not shared" status. Anyway, as soon as I shared the Windows Media Player file, my internet radio stations became permanently displayed.

Thank you once again to a very friendly and knowledgeable pair of Community members.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

I can sympathize with you as I've had countless problems with UPnP media sharing over the years.  STBs and Bluray players tend to be problematic.  Typically the reboot everything approach works but isn't ideal.

I'd suggest something like an xbox 360 or Roku device.  They tend to work better.  Also, I've found some issues go away if you get rid of any wireless networking in the setup.  

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

I do not have the problem of TVersity disappearing after using it and exiting out of Media Share.  Wonder if some firewall or security program on your PC is noting that an outside resource (Media Share) has used Tversity and blocked access to it, after you close it.  Is TVersity still running on the PC, when you see this glitch?

The Tversity option in Media Share sometimes does not show right away or it pulses but I'm guessing that my PC is getting overworked at that moment.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you to both of you for replying. I tried both of your suggestions, but Media Share just loses TVersity after any shutdown or log off. I will keep plugging away at it. If I find any solution to this disappearing act, I will post and let you know. Thanks again for the concern and replying.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

Breakwater - I used Mediashare + TVersity last night and can verify that it restarted perfectly, after I exited out of the app.  I again think/guess that it is a PC / Firewall / Security issue on your computer.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@Breakwater wrote:

I think I solved my problem with help from dhascall and michail77. I swore I made my Windows Media Player folder in Program Files a shared file. Obviously, I did not or somehow it went back to a "not shared" status. Anyway, as soon as I shared the Windows Media Player file, my internet radio stations became permanently displayed.

Thank you once again to a very friendly and knowledgeable pair of Community members.

You are Welcome but you may have fixed it on your own..... Smiley Tongue

Glad that we could help but did not realize that WMP Sharing had anything to do with TVersity but glad that it is resolved!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.