For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

You know I feel the same way about the soccer channels, all of them but we have them for the poeple who want them. If you don't want to watch, block the channel! Quit acting like 5yo kids.

DPR

Well said DPR, Kudos to you.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@DallaSooner wrote:

I see your Texas Rangers logo. Suppose ATT notified you of its intent to broadcast the NYY YES network and charge you extra each month for it. I use the Yankees as an example because I don't know who the Rangers most hated rival actually is.

The problem is not the network itself. I doubt I'll ever watch it. Sounds pretty lame from what I'v heard.  It's the principle of being forced to support this endeavor financially. If it comes to that, there are other options to U-verse and I will explore them. Not one dime of mine will go to support ut.  If that's childish, so be it.  

I bleed Crimson and Cream and not a UT fan in any way at all, however, this petty bickering over a network that no one had an issue with last year is just plan NUTS.  If you truly are a Sooner fan, then this network could offer a chance to see OU play other sports besides football on TV.  This is something that doesn't happen very often.  I'm sure if it were OU with a Sooner Network, the uproar would be just a loud.  To date, the only provider to pick up the LHN is FiOS. 

And since TG37 left it up to the rest of the readers, I'll comment, yes it's childish.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

13 years ago

Let's review:  I don't care about ANY college teams.  I don't care about baseball (college/pro/otherwise).  I don't care about soccer (college/pro/high school/etc.).  I care about watch hockey (see above). 

I don't watch NASCAR, I don't watch ESPN, I don't watch any of the Hispanic stations (more power to those that do).  I don't have kids so I don't watch the kiddie channels and I don't watch any of the religious channels....oh and I don't watch/listen to the music channels (what are those even called?). 

DH LOVES the NFL network but I'm paying for many, many channels that I don't watch.

Question:  Should I cancel Uverse?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

13 years ago

@AustinTX#1 wrote:

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

According to all of these new one time and done posters, whom I believe most are plants from other universities and other providers, the answer is a rowsing YES!

That is why I posted earlier that I should quit U-Verse because as a St. Louis Cardinal fan, I should not have to get any channel that carries the Chicago Cubs. Almost the same difference.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Have to agree with you. dwinth. Smiley Sad

I'm thinking about quitting UV BECAUSE they carry Sports!!  Where can I find a provider that carries NO SPORTSSmiley Very Happy

I cannot for the life of me understand all the hoopla of something that can be easily remedied with a Hide or Change of a Channel!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

13 years ago

spd, perhaps we need to start a support group for those of us who have no interest in all these sports channels but keep showing up on our program guide.  We can call it:  UUWDCAASBAFTPFI (Uverse Users Who Don't Care Anything About Sports But Are Forced To Pay For It).

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

spd, perhaps we need to start a support group for those of us who have no interest in all these sports channels but keep showing up on our program guide.  We can call it:  UUWDCAASBAFTPFI (Uverse Users Who Don't Care Anything About Sports But Are Forced To Pay For It).

Smiley Very Happy  Glad I won't have to join your group since it's too much of a mouthful to say.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

13 years ago

This is just in the planning stages and all suggestions are welcome.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

LOL!  I'm in!

I vote for a JUST SPORTS TIER!  Then they could lower my U450 price. Smiley Wink

edit--just read your earlier post and agree as well on none of those *other* channels either; my remote gets worn out from all that blocking! Smiley Very Happy

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

Just to add another point of view, if there were no sports on TV, I wouldn't need a TV -- well maybe for news.  The rest of the programming is useless, imho!  I have it on, mostly for the spousal unit, but it's just background noise.  I could live with a sports only network Smiley Surprised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.