For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
KennyBania's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 11:26 PM

Is it possible to port Uverse phone number to Google Voice.

I currently have all 3 services through Uverse and looking to drop phone. I have read it is possible to port a landline to google voice by first putting the number on a burner cell phone. Has anyone successfully done this with their Uverse phone service? Any help is appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @KennyBania,

There is no problem with that. We have ported the number out to Go Phones in the past. There may be some steps in the background I am not familiar with, but the end result is the same.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hello - sorry to re-open this older topic, but it seems the most recent/relevant to my question.

I am also currently a U-verse Internet and Voice customer. I am interested in porting my U-verse Voice phone number over to a AT&T prepaid GoPhone I recently purchased, with my overall intention of porting from the GoPhone to Google Voice.

I spoke with 2 different AT&T U-verse reps yesterday (one via phone and another via chat) and both told me it is not possible to port from U-verse Voice to a prepaid GoPhone (they said I could only port to a postpaid type mobile service). This thread seems to tell me different. Any comments on who to talk to or how to request this action to ensure it will be executed by AT&T?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@kbj0001   Why not just port it to Google voice and skip the middle step?  Had no problem porting my landline # directly to Basic Talk w/in minutes. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg it is my understanding that Google Voice only supports porting from a mobile number, thus the need for the iterim step

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi, 

I just ported my U-verse Number to Go phone. 

It was a HUGE pain. but it worked. 

Makre sure you have the following:

1) an unlocked phone with the IMEI ready

Call the port department at 1-888-898-7685

It takes about 3 days to port. 

AT&T will mail you a Sim Card that is mapped to your IMEI

(My problem was that I gave the incorrect IMEI, and it was difficult to change) 

Call the Prepaid activation number at: 1800-901-9878

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.