For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
feiter's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, July 27th, 2014 4:20 PM

Want to view my email on both PC and my iphone--how do I configure?

With Att, when I receive an email on my iphone and then fire up my home PC I don't get those emails I read on the iphone.

I want to be able to receive to both devices.

I can't find a place to configure that I am used to.  With my cable providers I used to check a box than said leave on the server--what do I do with ATT?

I am using a windows 7 PC and my email client is Windows Live Mail

Please help and thanks, Bill

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

498 Messages

10 years ago

On the iPhone, open the mail account "Advanced" settings.  Make sure "Delete from server" is set to "Never".

In Live Mail, make certain you are not using the "Un-read emails" View.

Guru

• 

498 Messages

10 years ago

Is your account on the phone and computer setup to access your mail using POP or IMAP?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

iphone is IMAP, PC is POP.  I thought it had to be this way??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm using an iPhone 5 with version 7.1.2 (haven't upgraded yet). I'm having the same issue. I read an att.net email on my phone & it doesn't show up in my MacBook Pro mail.

I went into "Settings", then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", then "Att" account, then I click on the email address to go into settings. At the bottom is "Advanced". On this screen, there is no "Delete from Server" to select "never". 

There are groups of attributes to change: Mailbox Behaviors, Move Discarded Messages into:, Deleted Messages, Incoming Settings, S/MIME.

I've looked through all of them. Can't find anything that says to leave the message on the server. What should I try next? It's going to be a real problem if I can't read email on my phone. It's VERY important that I get ALL mail on my computer. 

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I have never been able to fix this problem. If I delete a message on my iPhone it does not show in my PC mail when I sign on it.

The only thing you can do on your phone is under Deleted messages where it says Remove----you can select Never. All this does of course if leave the message on the server which means you have to go to ATT.net and see it.

I recommend not deleting anything on the phone and control at PC level.

Let me know if you find an actual solution.

Bill

Guru

• 

498 Messages

10 years ago

@feiter wrote:
I have never been able to fix this problem. If I delete a message on my iPhone it does not show in my PC mail when I sign on it.

If your phone is set up, as most are, to access your mail using the "IMAP" protocol (vs "POP") with default settings then you're using your phone, computer, etc. to view and manipulate you mail on the server, not on the device.  Any change you make on the server using the phone (move to a folder, reply, particularly delete!) will be reflected when using your other devices.

So if you delete using your phone, it's gone everywhere.  If you reply using the phone, the reply will show in Sent next time you use the computer.  Etc. That's the way IMAP works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.