For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
audspence's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 4:55 PM

Told I can't be helped over the phone, trying for help here

I spent an hour and half on the phone with customer service being transferred 3 times and then got a call back yesterday after a case file was established and was then told they can't help me either. So I had to do a hard reset on my phone. I was hoping that all my contacts were backed up but in an attempt to check it online I haven't been able to see. I guess when you set up the account you have to enter answers to security questions. I can't remember my password so when I try to retrieve it I have to answer two security questions but I can't remember those either. So at this point I'm stuck. So am I just out of luck? I think another step should be added if you don't know those. I don't understand why it is so difficult for me to try and retrieve my contacts. I kind of feel like they don't care and nobody wants to help becuase I was basically just told we can't do anything. Any help or tips? Can anybody help me? Super frustrating!

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

10 years ago

I got it do u have an email w gmail well if u do then type in ur email and allow the phone to auto sync ur contacts to ur phone done only remember on password on gmail its usaully ur phone no . and i keep a spare email address w my name as the password shh it works always remember your email name . just a thought

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

It's hard to help you with no real information to work with. What phone do you have? What OS version are you running on it?

It's not up to the carrier or even the phone manufacturer to backup your information for you, that's your responsibility. Some, like Apple, try to make that easy for you, but they also have to take your security into account. The recent "leaks" of information from Apple's iCloud backup system is a great example of why they should just give you access if you don't know the key information on your account. You could easily be a hacker thing to steal information from someone else, and those questions are there to prevent them from getting your data.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.