For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
rdwillett's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 10:50 PM

Store policies

I was just in the ATT store in the Parvilion in Port Orange, Florida.  I waited 5 plus minutes before anyone bothered to ask me for a name to sign me in.  I then waited at least 10 min and no assistance.  All I wanted to do was buy a auto charger, which I had in my hand.  When I asked for when I could buy it, I was told that I had to wait.  That may be their policy but it is unacceptable.  There needs to be a method to buy something w/o having to wait.  This is the 2d time in this store that I have had to wait overly long to even get acknowledged, let alone waited on.  I did not buy the charger and I will NEVER go in that store again.  I also find it frustrating to try to find a way to complain to ATT.  I have been an AT&T customer since it was ATT in 1999 then Cingular and now ATT again and on line service has been great. not so in some store.  Another item of personal complaint.  I used my nickname,  ???? and the web site said it was an unacceptable word, funny ha ha but not always true.  Don't be so PC when it is not approiate. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@rdwillett wrote:

I was just in the ATT store in the Parvilion in Port Orange, Florida.  I waited 5 plus minutes before anyone bothered to ask me for a name to sign me in.  I then waited at least 10 min and no assistance.  All I wanted to do was buy a auto charger, which I had in my hand.  When I asked for when I could buy it, I was told that I had to wait.  That may be their policy but it is unacceptable.  There needs to be a method to buy something w/o having to wait.  This is the 2d time in this store that I have had to wait overly long to even get acknowledged, let alone waited on.  I did not buy the charger and I will NEVER go in that store again.  I also find it frustrating to try to find a way to complain to ATT.  I have been an AT&T customer since it was ATT in 1999 then Cingular and now ATT again and on line service has been great. not so in some store.  Another item of personal complaint.  I used my nickname,  ???? and the web site said it was an unacceptable word, funny ha ha but not always true.  Don't be so PC when it is not approiate. 

Curious why do you feel that you should be able to go ahead of the peope that where there before you?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello rdwillett,

Thank you for posting. When shopping at our stores, a Retail Sales Consultant has to assist you for any sale, the person that sings you in doesn't have an access to sales systems, and all customers are helped in the order they arrive. I apologize for longer wait, in many cases transactions at AT&T stores that involve new phones or services can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, and unfortunately even if you have a quick purchase, our reps must finish helping the customer they're working with before they can move to the next person in the queue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

10 years ago

it would be nice if the person that sighns you in could have access to the sales so someone like the Op could be in and out quickly and it wouldn't effect the customers that need more time!!

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

10 years ago

I've never done this myself, but one option you do have is to schedule an appointment.  You tell them what time you need to be helped, and you'll be put at the top of the queue at the designated time.  So it minimizes your waiting.  If you arrive earlier and you can do better on standby, great. In my area (Seattle), Friday-Sunday seems to be busier than Monday-Thursdays.  I went in on a Saturday to trade a device in for promo credit, and it took about an hour.  I should have made an appointment!!!  I went in on a Tuesday to upgrade, and I had a ten minute wait.  Wednesday I thought i had a problem, so i went in and they helped me figure it out.

And one final thought:

The store employees understand you may be having difficulty with your service or are frustrated, but treat them with respect.  I've never had anything but nice experiences with them, and when I don't, they are always eager to help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.