For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
saloio's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 9:52 PM

Getting my Google Voice voicemails sent to AT&T voicemail box..... no likey!

The details:

• I have a personal iPhone 5s, with a personal AT&T phone number assigned to it.
  • I have a Google Voice phone number for work and use the Google Voice app on the aforementioned iPhone to receive and make work calls from that app. 

The problem:

• when the phone rings and I either physically send the phone to voicemail, or I don't answer and let it ring until my voicemail picks up, it is always picked up by my personal voicemail, and not my Google Voice voicemail.  This is an issue because: 1) my personal voicemail message does not mention my company name, and 2) I cannot save or forward iphone messages. 

.... me no likey. 

I'm pretty sure I have the settings appropriately set to do what I want, and it WAS working correctly (sometimes).... but never always.... and as of late, never works correctly.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @saloio 

Is it set up to forward call from GV to your personal line? Do they ring and go through your default phone app? If that's the case, then GV is basically handing the call over to AT&T and that's the reason why AT&T's voicemail picks up.

I believe I had a similar issue a few years ago. I started using a separate app to handle my GV number, you might want to look into doing that. The downside is that you'll need to run the app in the background to receive calls.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.