For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Eastwestern23's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 5:20 PM

Closed

AT&T canceled my phone service, after unpaid bill

Ok so, I haven't gotten a chance to pay my AT&T phone bill for the past month & a half, due to me losing my job. And so from that I owe AT&T a hefty amount. My account and service was canceled. Since now of this month I got a job and am now able to pay how much I owe AT&T, will my service and account be back on so no more problems with payment?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I paid the bill to have my service reconnected 12

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi to all, I have been a at&t customer for over 15 years and I have a big medical bill and was a month late on my payment. I set up a arangement for the full bill to paid 14 late to help me out. The day before my bill arrangement they.canceled my service, and listed my out of contract phones i own as stolen. And to boot called my job and told my manager I was behind on my bill and owed money. Now the people I work with ask me am I ok or watch me thinking I will be stealing because of it. So I have no phone and had resume
s out looking for a second job, my bill is $35.00 more for a quarter less minutes because of at&t scewing up my bill trying to cut my monthly bill, so my bill before was $125. For 1100 minutes and unlimited data. Now my bill is $155. For 350 minutes. I called 5 times to fix it and just put it back to $125. Per month 1100 minutes. At&t is just out to screw its customers, sad to say. I will not be paying up my bill plus a reconnect fee, no thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

@altheprince

ATT suspended your service for non payment. If you had an agreement to pay that was not honored, private message for help.
ATT does not report out of contract phones, or phones that had Next installments that are all paid off, stolen. They don't work because they are suspended and locked to ATT. They belong to you, but must be unlocked in order to work with another carrier

ATT also would not call, or even HAVE a phone number that you did not give them. So I have to doubt they called your employer over. $155 bill.

You will be forced to use prepaid service if you don't pay your bill and it goes to collection and has a negative note on your credit report.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you very much, I guess I will have pay it. I was going to look into prepaid but it saves me a couple of dollars but AT&T service was very good. Best Al

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have sent a private message with details on my situation.  Please help, thank you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So my service was suspended and I go to look at my online bill and it shows I have a past due balance so I go thru my bill and it says I was suspended per my request . I contact AT&T to get my service on and show them the false statement and I'm told to ignore the statement that I'm suspended because of money owed...it said nothing about suspended for past due just that I requested it and to contact them to get it turned on...so now my phone is still off and I lost 5 hours of my day being told to ignore it and that to pay past due and they will turn it on...I'm floored by the lack of customer care...I'm very been with them for 11 years and they could care less to make it right after putting a false statement on my account and now he turned it in to be removed from my bill so Noone will see it to make it right...I'm very asked for his boss and he denied me...way to go AT&T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I split my payment because my due date has been pushed up and now it doesn't fall in a pay week. I've already paid more than half my bill for the month and the other half will show up 11 days late. Are they going to cancel my sevice anyway?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Call and make arraignments for late payment, otherwise they may suspend your service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Yes, I just paid everything to date (they couldn't wait just one day longer when I got paid) - they canceled me just yesterday, but  everything is paid to date today.  I've never had a problem with AT&T, ever.  So, now because of this cancellation, I may not be able to continue with AT&T (with whom I've been with for many years) if my credit is bad?  This is seriously unfortunate on their part!  I, of course, will have to go somewhere else,  I guess.  I'm not happy with AT&T right now.  I never thought this would happen.    

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Georgewinsl

The computer automatically suspends if you are late.  Your account is canceled if you are 60 days late, without payment arraignments. 

Call and ask about your status, you may be incorrect.

I suggest you be more proactive in resolving debts and ask a lot more questions, so you will understand the repercussions and options open to you 

Good luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.