Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
JD_McKee22's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 21st, 2014 12:27 PM

Next plan not working for my family

Hello, I like the next plan, it took a while to understand but I know about all of it now and it makes sense, very logical way of doing things.... IF you are paying for the bill AND your phone. The way that we use to do it with the 2 year contract is me, my mom, and my sister would buy our phone and my grandfather paid the bill, that was our Christmas present every year was phones. Well this Christmas I was really looking forward to the iphone 6 but I can't get it because my grandpa doesn't like that the price of the phone is now broken into months and is included in his bill. Why can't you place the monthly price of the phone on a separate bill that my parents pay or something? Maybe make the phone $200 still then from there add the rest of the cost to the bill? at least that way it would be way less cause no christmas present for me this year lol.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you buy the phone (unlocked and contract free) directly from apple, you can finance it, interest free, for 18 months.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

Well you can still do the 2 yr contract with AT&T.  You pay the $199, the sales tax upfront.  You will just have to pay $40/month line fee instead of the $25 or $15 a month line fee if you are on the NEXT program or if you are not under contract.  So like you asked if there is a way to pay $200 upfront and then the rest on your bill.  This is the way.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

A new phone can still be purchased and added at full retail price.

If Grandpa has only paid the initial payment of $200, (on the old 2 year contract plan) then you have been paying off the rest of the phone yourself.

If you are not paying for a phone now on next and have a discounted line of $15 or $25 you can switch back to a 2 year, full price plan ($40 a month) and let Gramps buy you the phone with the subsidized down payment.

Or, gramps could give you the $200 to apply to the cost of the new phone.

We do not control the retail cost of phones.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.