For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
satyrias's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 2:57 AM

DSL Usage charge

I don't know the correct AT&T contact email address to give a suggestion regarding Internet usage. AT&T started to charge $10 for every 50 GB above 150GB of usage every month. If someone uses 151 GB, he/she will be charged $10 for the block of 50GB. It is fair to charge the over limit usage proportionately. In this case, charge $0.20 for every 1GB above 150GB usage instead of exploiting the customers. Nobody can stop using the internet at the exact 150GB limit to avoid a $10 charge. This kind of exploitation is the reason, Congress recently blocked the T mobile merger. After they merged with SW Bell my telephone bills went up. That is an another example why Congress need to block this kind of mergers. If you know the correct email address of the appropriate department to give a feed back, please post here. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@satyrias wrote:
I don't know the correct AT&T contact email address to give a suggestion regarding Internet usage. AT&T started to charge $10 for every 50 GB above 150GB of usage every month. If someone uses 151 GB, he/she will be charged $10 for the block of 50GB. It is fair to charge the over limit usage proportionately. In this case, charge $0.20 for every 1GB above 150GB usage instead of exploiting the customers. Nobody can stop using the internet at the exact 150GB limit to avoid a $10 charge. This kind of exploitation is the reason, Congress recently blocked the T mobile merger. After they merged with SW Bell my telephone bills went up. That is an another example why Congress need to block this kind of mergers. If you know the correct email address of the appropriate department to give a feed back, please post here. Thanks.

Welcome satyrias and thank you for the feedback. The following solutions also provide additional information on broadband usage that might help...

Broadband Usage FAQs

Tips for managing your monthly Broadband Internet data usage

If you have other account specific questions, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

A link to the already ubiquitous web site is all there is in terms of support? LOL

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T, Bellsouth, et al,

I have stuck with ADSL through all its faults BECAUSE my original contract had no data usage limit, unlike the Useless-Verse with all its common cable-tv "features", limitations and additional charges.

Now however I have been informed I went "over my usage limit" which is news to me.  Where can I get the copy of my contract where I signed for a modification that changes the terms?  No one seems willing to talk.

miles2go

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have the same problem. I used to never have overages, then a couple of years ago we start being hit with them. I was paying more for over a year before I realized they had placed a cap on internet service that was not present when I first got DSL.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Need to block daughters data usage till it rolls over and she has to use internet only. E-mail ***.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

And there's no way to check how much you use if you have dsl!!!:

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.