For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
StevenBD's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 3:27 AM

iPhone 6 Subsidy & Unlimited Data

I have an iPhone 5 with unlimited data plan on AT&T. It's eligible for an upgrade with 2 year contract.  Can i pre-order the iPhone 6 on Friday subsidized with 2 year contract and keep my unlimited data?

Thank you,

Steven

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Yes.  You'll be presented with the option to keep your Unlimited plan when you process your order.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Then why does it say in small print at the top your current data plan is not allowed with your current choice. You must change it once you receive your device?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I'm confused as well. There was definitely not a checkbox to keep my unlimited plan and now after ordering it says "Removed: Pre-order, iPhone Messaging 1500" and that "All of your devices will be converted to your new Mobile Share Value plan within 48 hours after your pre-order device has shipped.". I didn't choose a new plan and I want to keep my old plan. If anyone could help me fix this that would be great. If it's not possible to keep my unlimited plan then I'd like to cancel my order and and drop AT&T. So hopefully this is solveable.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

@StevenBD 

Sometimes there are the same plans but they have different codes in the system and it may say it's getting replaced, but it might be getting replaced with the same plan, just for the new phone. Still a good idea to call AT&T and double check when you get a chance. You can definitely keep your unlimited data plan.

@totallygood 

Something is wrong here, but don't worry, we will be happy to get it fixed for you. You can send us a private message by clicking here.Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks guys!

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I contacted customer service earlier and was told I would not lose it. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello everette,

Please don't worry, we'll be happy to help you with that! You can send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I noticed it after I have submitted the order. According to my memory I was not given the option to choose anything..

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I would definitely like to cancel my order if my original plan can't be kept. This sucks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Mr. Dimitry,

I had the same issue as well. I seem to have lost my unlimited data plan. I did send a private message to customer care.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you @sanjaymedi 

One of our social media care managers will be contacting you as soon as possible to assist.

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.