For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ira_nyc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2014 6:51 PM

How to Activate Service on a New Device

I had an iPhone 5S and a iPhone 4 before that). I just got thr iPhone 6, but for some reason, even thoguh I shut down my iPhone 5S fully before turning on and backing up from iCloud my new iPhone 6..... the new iPhone 6 is not 'registering" my phone number?

It just shows "No Service" in upper left corner.

Ideas?!?!

[Subject edited for better exposure]

ACE - Master

• 

10.5K Messages

10 years ago

Try turning the power off and then back on again. If that doesn't work, try popping out the SIM card and reseating it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Finally, I called 800.331.0500 to activate the phone.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

try activate onsite http://www.att.com/activations

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

That's the exact site where I activated online... my old iphone is still working and when I check the status online it just says "pending".... So I guess I'm still in queue...  seems 5 -6 hours is way too long.  I've activated many iphones on launch day, and never had to wait more than 30 minutes

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

My activation took a few seconds.  Rebooted the phone and it connected to LTE.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I had waited a while for my phone to activate and began to do some exploring.  I came across this page on AT&T's site and activated the phone ina a matter of minutes.

https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

So the answer was to use the consumer site and not the premier site!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i had to turn mine off then back on. it only took seconds online..... hope this helps

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yes! Thank you. Been waiting 7 hours after using the website, still not activated. Called the number, followed the directions, turned phone off for 5 minutes, turned phone on, done. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have a premier account and I received my new iphone yesterday. I immediately activated it and was told the system was slow, so I was not concerned when it hadn't been activated after a few hours. This morning when I woke up, I discovered my old phone was deactivated, so I was happy cause I thought it meant my new phone was working. Except it's not. There's a problem and I have to call ATT, except I can't, because Premier doesn't work on weekends. So I need to figure out how to get either of my phones to work, because I cannot spend the entire weekend incommunicated. Help!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.