For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Chelseajade216's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 7th, 2014 10:48 AM

Why was my order cancelled?!

I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 plus silver 64g on Sep. 12th, 2014 was given an order shipping date of Nov. 9th- Nov. 27th. On the 7th of November I recieved an email saying that my order had been cancelled. I want to know why. Because it makes no sense to me that I've been waiting for this phone for almost 3 months and now my order is cancelled. My card showed a charge to my account on the 12th when I pre-ordered it but that has magically disappeared. I need to know what this means can I just simply order another phone with out paying for it all over again or will I be refunded the money I had to pay so I can go elsewhere and get a phone because this is rediculous I've been waiting for for this phone FOREVER and it was cancelled right at the end of the wait?! I am livid!

Scholar

• 

228 Messages

10 years ago

Like you, I preordered the same day.

I was not aware that the $78.37 that was charged against my account was only a temporary hold, especially when the status of my order was showing the $78.37 taxes for my phone as paid, even after the temporary hold was removed.   Assuming the taxes were paid, I didn't think about it again.  An unexpected expense right before the 24th of October caused me to have to bring my balance down, and I ended up with my order cancelled for invalid tender.

Check to see if that happened with you.  Perhaps you can get your order reinstated, just as I did.  Not only was my order reinstated, but I ended up with my phone delivered within the original estimated shipping date. It arrived yesterday.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

yes basically same exact thing happened to me i saw a charge on my acct for x amount come to find out my order was eventually cancelled i go throught my statement to find the charge was gone, after i spoke with a rep i was informed of a dumb  mistake i made putting my card types as VISA when the card to be billed was Mastercard soooo after all was said and done they had to reset my upgrade eligibilty and i suppose the charge was never fully made i ordered through apple today so we will see how quickly it comes

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

The same thing happened to me, but I actually balance my account and subtracted the money that I knew was coming out. It wouldn't matter if it came out then or in 3 months, it was already accounted for.  Simple credit and debit, folks. Not to be mean, but it's not At&t's fault that you can't balance your account. 

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

10 years ago

The initial charge was a pre-authorization. It was only deducted from your balance for 72 hours, then it goes back. Call your bank to verify. AT&T cannot charge your card until they are ready to ship. It's all in the Visa/Mastercard agreement you get with any card. It's not AT&T's fault it is done like that. When it comes time to ship, if the money isn't there, you get cancelled. 

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

@AlonzoJ wrote:

yes basically same exact thing happened to me i saw a charge on my acct for x amount come to find out my order was eventually cancelled i go throught my statement to find the charge was gone, after i spoke with a rep i was informed of a dumb  mistake i made putting my card types as VISA when the card to be billed was Mastercard soooo after all was said and done they had to reset my upgrade eligibilty and i suppose the charge was never fully made i ordered through apple today so we will see how quickly it comes

Assuming you placed your order on ATT's website--you'd think their online ordering system would be intelligent enough to tell you if you selected the wrong credit card type (Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover) since the first (set of) digit(s) for each card brand are unique--IIRC Visa #s start with a "3", MC starts with a "5", Discover starts with a "6", AMEX starts with a "3"; other online ordering systems will tell you if the credit card type you selected doesn't match the CC# you typed in.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Well, that is what happened so I took my old phone and went to Apple. They helped me out so much and they were so nice to me and I ended up getting money back for my phone after trading the old one in. So, from now on I'm going through Apple.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

MayhemMechanix,

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

That isn't necessarily true. My order was cancelled the day after the first day of my shipping estimate...no valid reason. Called Retentions immediately and the lady was condescending, insinuating we had lack of funds. We fought it and she basically told us to prove it. We immediately faxed copies of our daily account balance for those 3 days, and she had to eat her words. Can you imagine ever having to send a phone company your checking account statement and daily balances?? She promised discounts and solutions which we asked to have in writing via email, she refused. I had to send proofs, but she didn't have to send me anything....do you see the shadiness?? Anyways, we were then switched to a guy in Escalations to proceed with fixing the botched up order. Both of these people promised that upgrade and activation fees were to be reversed, that a monthly $10 discount was to be issued, and that all usage charges for the new line partnered with the iphone order were to be reversed to avoid us paying a line that does not have a working phone, due to the unjustified cancellation. Nothing got done.....nothing. We just got our bill, there's a $40 upgrade fee on an upgrade recently reversed, a $40 activation fee and usage charges for the new line....we just got the phone this past Wednesday. No $10 discount either. So basically I'm being charged for a line that had no available phone to use it with, though I was told otherwise. So, NO...."invalid tender" or charges to a healthy account balance just prior to AT&T's order charge for shipping are not valid reasons for every situation. And if you read around you'll see we are not the only ones. I'm not fighting to get my phone shipped anymore...already got that thanks to Apple Store. All I want is what was promised to me for being submitted to such a horrible and frustrating experience that wasn't even my fault. But I guess I'm being punished for having been right in the first place. Silly me for thinking loyal customers of almost 20 yrs are respected or appreciated.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

9 years ago

I'm also really fed up with what passes for an order system at AT&T. I wound up in the same boat...my order for a Space Grey 128gb 6 plus was cancelled on the first day of my shipping window.  I originally ordered in-store on 9/30 and had a shipping window of 11/7 - 11/18. The order was cancelled because the authorization for the tax charge on my card had expired. You'd think that with orders going so far out, that they'd have had a procedure in place for this situation. At least a notification to the customer for them to renew their credit card authorization for whenever the phone did ship. But no...nothing other than order cancellations with no notices. I went through the same dance with CS in which I've been promised an "escalation" and that I would not lose my place in line. My new window is 12/18 - 12/30.I was told by escalations that the new order would show the incorrect shipping date until the order actually ships and that I would not lose my place in line. Whatever...this is a really convenient way for AT&T to have an excuse for why they are unable to ship orders when promised...and it's a crock. So AT&T now has 3 months from the date of my original order to actually ship me a phone.Even if the Space Grey 128gb 6 pluses are backordered (and according to iStocknow.com Apple has no supply at any of their stores in the U.S.) it's really clear that AT&T 1.has a shipping operation that horrendous...2. that they care exactly zero for their customers.This is what happens when corporations grow too big...they become automatons incapable of anything remotely customer-facing...they just don't seem to care. In fact...I challenge any AT&T employee who may read this to prove me wrong!! I'm not holding my breath.

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. I also ordered on 9/13 and when I checked 2 weeks ago, it states it's "Preparing to ship". When I checked yesterday, I found out it was canceled. No email, no phone call, no nothing. CS said I could reorder and not lose my place, so I did. It now shows a delivery date of 12/26-1/5/2015. I called customer support and all they can say is "Sorry, we can't bump you up. Delivery date is what it is".  this is stupid

[word filter avoidance]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.