For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Jvjava's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 29th, 2015 3:13 AM

Unlock iphone 6+

I have had ATT for several years. I just bought a 6+, past 14 day buyers remorse time frame. I bought the phone at the discounted upgrade price and signed a 2 yr. contract. If I pay the ETF, will ATT unlock my phone if I submit the request

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

if you pay the etf yes they will.  Just dont disconnect service till you have the unlock code/

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

It doesn't work that way, you only pay an ETF after you cancel service and then the unlock request won't be approved until after the ETF is paid and the contract is fulfilled.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Sandblaster,

My son just switched his whole family to T-Mobile and wants me to switch and join his plan. So, how can I get my phone unlocked to work with T-Mobile? I am willing to pay any fees, but I am past the buyers remorse time.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

yes cancel wait for your final bill and pay the EFT of 375.  Then you will get the lock code.  It will take a little while tho.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

yes cancel wait for your final bill and pay the EFT of 375.  Then you will get the lock code.  It will take a little while tho.

Additionally, OP will need to wait until his final payment has processed before submitting the unlock request. If he puts the request in too early, it will just get denied. By the way, there is no unlock code for an iphone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

If he wants to keep his phone number, isn't his best move just to port his number out?
Or can he set to cancel his account on a specific day, payoff the account ? Then port out the same day?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.