For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
walkerjlc's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 8:56 PM

Closed

Early Upgrade iPhone 6

I am trying to find out more infromation concerning the early upgrade eligiblity for the iPhone 6.  I have 2 options I think?  1. upgrading using the AT&T Next plan where I can have $37 added to my monthly bill for 12 months ($24 for 24 months) or 2. I am eligible for an early upgrade on 9/21/14 for $449.  If I wait for the 9/21/14 date I would not be able to do the early preorder on 9/12/14.  Does anyone know if AT&T will change these dates for the customers that got upgraded on the release date for last years Iphone 5s?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Interesting development. My early upgrade was available today online at the
Apple Store, which is a day earlier than what shows on the ATT early
eligibility check. I was able to buy online an i6+ for pickup today at my
local Apple Store at the early upgrade price.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am assuming and hoping that ATT customer support will be reading these posts.  

I have been a loyal ATT customer since before the first iPhone.  I currently have 3 iPhones on my account, all of which have the unlimited $30 a month plan.  Needless to say, I pay a lot of money to ATT.

I have heard of several people getting special deals or treatment by calling and voicing frustrations or concerns.  I was looking to upgrade to the new iPhone 6 and was not due for an upgrade on one phone until November.  So, I called the support line to see what could be done for me.  They were extremely nice but told me that they could only offer me an upgrade 1 month early.  While frustrated, I appreciated them at least offering that and did not push the envelope at all.  

Knowing that the offers seem to vary depending on who you talk to, I tried the online chat this morning and asked the same question.  This time I was told that, after talking to her "manager", that they no longer offer early upgrades.  Seriously??  When I told the person online that this was obviously not true and that I was offered an early upgrade less than a week ago, she told me that early upgrades did not apply to the iPhone.  Again, another non-truth as the first person I spoke with was talking to me about the new iPhone and knew that was the reason for my call.  This time  I voiced my extreme frustration as it seems like now I was being lied to by this "manager".

As a loyal customer, I am nearing the point of taking a buyout offer by one of the competitors since it seems ATT cannot figure out what offers they want to put out there and how they want to treat their best customers who have stayed with them over the years despite continual concerns and frutrations.  I plan on emailing, tweeting, calling, and basically voicing my frustration on every medium that is currently available to me to ensure that ATT gets the message.

Kenny

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.