For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
wellgoing's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2014 9:38 PM

What's up with Galaxy Note 4 no contract pricing?

Why is AT&T trying to rip off it's customers by selling phones outright for many dollars more than their competitors (VZW, Sprint, and T-Mobile). AT&T has the Galaxy Note 4 at $825.99, but every other wireless provider has it at $699.99. Doesn't AT&T know that this drives customers away when they already have the worst Android tablet selection imaginable AND they are charging significantly more than VZW for the same phones? Let me tell you this AT&T, there are other options to purchase phones and use them on your network. Amazon has the same AT&T branded Galaxy Note 4 at........$749.99! So AT&T, you might want to re-evaluate you pricing pronto, or, lose more customers to VZW.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

There is alreay one topic on this.

Yes, it seem like the pricing is all over the map - from http://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-4-launch-date-set-for-oct-17-preorders-start-tomorrow/

"The prices have trickled out via the carriers. T-Mobile's off-contract price is $749.76. The carrier said Thursday it will offer the device for no money down and monthly payments of $31.24 over 24 months.

Sprint, meanwhile, said the Galaxy Note 4 will cost $30 a month for 24 months, for a total of $720. The two-year contract price is $350.

AT&T has several options for paying for the Note 4. It's $300 with a traditional contract, $34.42 under its AT&T Next 18 program, and $41.30 under its AT&T Next 12 program, both of which offer upgrades after their respective periods. The off-contract price is $825.99.

Verizon is selling its Galaxy Note 4 for $300 with a contract, and $700 off contract. It costs $35 a month on its device installment program, Edge.

AT&T is the most expensive off contract. Sprint is most expensive on contract. AT&T and VZ are dead even on contract, and on their "Next 18" and Edge prices are identical.

I have no idea why - usually this means the carriers get different incentives from the manufacturer (ie, AT&T gets less of a kickback than others) or that various carriers are pricing the device to attract users.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I agree completely!  What's up AT&T??? They were a little slow to offer any incentive on the iPhone 6, hopefully they're just playing catch-up and will come back down to earth on the 'off contract' price. I understand customers 'on contract' provide more predictable revenues, but the people 'off contract' provide revenue as well. So why force them to go to Verizon if they want the Galaxy Note 4???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Don't forget while both Verizon and AT&T have similar monthly plans $34.XX, Verizons is only 20 months where as AT&T is 24. So 34.99 x 20 = 699.80. Verizon customers are still getting the phone for $125.00 dollars cheaper than AT&T.

AT&T Next 12 or 18 still comes out to 825.99 so I can't believe AT&T would do this to their customers. I've been with them for years and now have to pay more?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Omni_79 wrote:

AT&T Next 12 or 18 still comes out to 825.99 so I can't believe AT&T would do this to their customers. I've been with them for years and now have to pay more?

Less the $20/mo discount on your service plan ($240 for 12 months... $585?)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

it's  a clear ripoff from ATT. I went to there stores, they dont have any answer, called there call center...they dont have any answer, called customer service, they dont have any answer. I asked cust srvc rep to give me corp contcat so i can file a complain. She took 15 mins to find out the corp contact phone and email  and finally came back with nothing, only gave her sup email id [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] They are not even allowing us to file a complian to their compliance or ethics board.  ATT started taking it's customer for granted. Will keep trying, let's see. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.