For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
JonnyCash's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 8:42 AM

TEXT MESSAGE ERROR ON AT&t GALAXY S4

OKAY I HAVE A GALAXY S4 AND IT WAS JUST WORKING FINE. I NOTICED THAT MY TEXTING MESSAGES WERENT SENDING AND HAD FAILED. PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT THEY TEXTED ME AND I HAVENT RECEIVE ANY OF THEM. EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PHONE WORKS FINE I CAN DIAL OUT AND RECEIVE CALLS AND MY DATA FINE. IT JUST MY TEXTING THATS THE POINT. I WANT TO KNOW WHY MY TEXTING STOPPED WORKING OUT OF THE BLUE? ANYBODY KNOW A SOLUTION? I ALREADY TRIED RESTARTING THE PHONE TAKING THE BATTERY AND SIM CARD OUT. I EVEN RESET MY PHONE AND IT STILL NOT LETTING ME SEND OR RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Former Employee

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

Ok first of all, CAPS lock key stuck?  LOL sorry I couldn't resist, it just looks like you are shouting, which you probably are due to the frustration of your texting not working Cat Mad Smiley Mad

It sounds to me like you possibly have the wrong message center number in your device.  I run in to customers all the time that will change this number thinking that their own number is supposed to go in there.  First are you using AT&T Messages for your messaging app or are you using the stock messaging app?

I would definitely start there to see what number you have for that setting.  You would want to go to Messaging > hit menu key, then tap settings > then look for Message or Service Center Number.  The number there needs to be +13123149810.  If you use AT&T messages as your default messaging app, you may need to put in a different number there which you can get from customer care.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a Galaxy S4 mini (I257)

All of a sudden I cannot send texts! What I have already done to troubleshoot:

1. made sure the number in messaging>settings>message center is 13123149810

2. restarted phone

3. turned off phone

4. took out the battery and put it back in

5. airplane mode is OFF

6. I CAN receive texts, make and receive calls.

Somebody please help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.