The Samsung Galaxy S24
pzjagd's profile

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

Sunday, November 23rd, 2014 5:02 PM

LG G3 charging port

Just switched to ATT and went with this phone. It is really difficult to insert the micro plug into the charging port, at least compared to my previous Samsung. Is this something that will get easier with time or is this an issue with this phone or maybe just MY particular phone? I have 14 days (now about 9) to return it and get something else.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

@pzjagd  +1 on what @GLIMMERMAN76  shared.  For me, inserting it a 15 degree angle tip-down does the trick every time.  It's a snug fit but it works.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

it goes in at more of an angle than straight in.  I just went with wireless charging on mine.  PMA not Qi tho.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

Can you explain which angle? Front to back or side to side? I will play with it a bit but am afraid of damaging it.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

Come on. Can't  a couple of you G3 owners out there comment one way or the other? "Yeah, difficult to insert" or "No, should slide right in with no effort".

I used to be able to plug in my Samsung S3 in the dark, but have to put on my reading glassed to insert the G3 plug.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

insert it at an angle up towards the face of the phone.  And yes it goes in hard.  thats why I got wireless charging for mine

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks MOS. Your solution seems to work best on my particular phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.