For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
margaret.brafford's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Sunday, March 16th, 2014 7:41 AM

Freezing and Apps lock up Issues with Galaxy Note 2 after update to Android 4.3 and base band MK6

Here it goes,

Have a Note 2, Model I317, Android ver 4.3, Baseband ver I317UCUBMK6, Kernel ver 3.0.31-2048209, Build # JSS15J.I317UCUBMK.  Running 4G and all that crap.

Note:  I am well versed in tech, and have choose not to Root this phone, a decision I a regretting as of now.

Usually my device runs with all background applications blocked, and I turn off or delete (if I can) any apps I do not need, or use, or that hog battery, RAM etc.  (I research each items before I delete or turn it off)

Issue

After the AT&T forced update to 4.3 (of which I did not want) and the new boot loader that was installed along with it, applications such as, my browser (dolphin, firefox, and the standard one), tumblr, youtube, twitter, and on and on, that use either, video, cloud sync, wifi or mobile data, pictures, etc lock up, freeze, run slow, crash, freeze my phone, don't send and create a issue that causes my touch screen (including key board) to not work or work so slow that when I type a tweet if I type "hi, how are you doing?" when I press "h" and then "i" it will freeze and I must wait 10 to 20 secs to keep typing.

Other issues require me to remove the battery after my phone freezes, and my battery is draining at a super fast rate.  Meaning because I do not use mobile data (ie no picture texts) and I only use WiFi for my other applications my battery life WAS after a full day of use 75% or better on average.  Now I am lucky if I have 35% during the same use and conditions.

As of Right NOW

CPU usage is 11%, Memory Use is 35%.  Meaning I have plenty and plenty of storage also

I have tried the following to fix these issues.

Virus scans, (none reported )

using a 3rd party battery saver instead of the one that is embedded in the OS (still same results)

Disabling all apps (still freezes)

Enabling all apps and settings (makes it worse)

Uninstalling and reinstalling apps one at a time (made no difference)

Updated all apps ( no change in fact some apps work slower than before)

disabling all security and passwords, clearing all data on storage and SD card and reformatting it) no change. 

Clearing cache, for all apps and processes ( no change)

I would like to know a few things.

1.  Why is this happening? 

2.  What can be done to fix this?

3.  Being how Knox and a new boot loader is on my phone now, if I do a factory reset will it brick my phone?

4.  What are my options, and what else am I missing?  ( do I need to go into the service menu and restart something?)

My phone is acting like its having a RAM issue and is locking up due to limited system resources.  Any help.. anyone else have this issue?

Any help would be great, and I want to thank you in advance.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, margaret.brafford!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your device is not working properly. We would be happy to get you in touch with our tech support experts, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.