For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jdeweese's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 14th, 2014 8:15 PM

At&T Policies and Rules

Okay, here's the deal. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, and it tore up, became possessed actually, started flipping through pages, if I was on a call, it would start dialing my voicemail. So, I send it in and it gets replaced, then they don't add the extra 90 days warranty on it. Well lo and behold it is torn up and I have not had a phone in a month or better. It completely stopped recognizing the AT&T network, the IMEI, nothing I can no longer use it as a phone. So, I have been calling and calling to get it repaired or replaced, have offered to send it in before getting a replacement, but they won't allow that, but here is what they are offering for me to do. 1. Let them put a hold on 500.00 in my bank account, well there isn't 500.00 in there and probably never will be again. 2. Drive 5 hours or more to one of their centers and get it replaced. Those are my options, bad options. So, I asked them why they can't let me just go ahead and send it in and get it replaced, that isn't their policy, so they argue with me, keep telling me their are no managers or anyone else I can talk to. So now I am disgusted, angry and tired of poor people being discriminated against and getting the short end of the stick all of time. Yes, I bought an expensive phone, had the money to do so at the time, no big deal. Chose the prepaid because you have a set amount to pay every month, it is never jacked up. So, due to my "bad" choices, I no longer have a phone and even though it is under warranty, I can't get one. I promised them I would put this all over the internet and I am going to do just that.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

Have you tried to contact Samsung?  Since Samsung is the manufacture, they might be able to send you a replacement.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T's warranty department did, and because it was a replacement phone then they did not show a warranty. Therefore no help from them either. No, nobody is going to help, plain and simple. The poor are discriminated against in every faction.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.