Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kanyaphak's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 4:55 AM

International Samsung S3's phone cannot get 4G

Hi, 

i bought Samsung S3 from my country 2 months ago, and i try to update my ATT account from iphone4 to Samsung S3 to get 4G with all data, but seem like ATT do not recognize my Samsung S3 and cannot update my Samsung S3 EMIE to my account . what shoud i do to get 4G datafor my speed internet ?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I recently purchased s3 LTE gt-i9305 in Hong Kong. It will only run HSPA on ATT network. Any ideas?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@bbdpeg wrote:
I recently purchased s3 LTE gt-i9305 in Hong Kong. It will only run HSPA on ATT network. Any ideas?

According to this,your phone is only compatible with the 800, 1800 and 2600 Mhz LTE bands.  AT&T uses the 2100 MHz band for LTE.  Therefore, the phone is not compatible with AT&T's LTE network.  This is fixed in hardware, and cannot be modified through software.  Sorry to say, if you were relying on the phone working on LTE, you should have done more research before purchasing.

You are actually a little bit lucky you are even getting HSPA.  Your phone is only compatible with the 850, 900 and 2100 MHz bands for 3G.  AT&T uses 850 and 1900 MHz for 3G.  So you must be in a 850 MHz market.  You might find yourself with only EDGE (no HSPA) if you leave the area, and enter an area where AT&T is only using the 1900 MHz band for 3G.  Although I think the 850 MHz 3G band is the more common one, and I also think AT&T is trying to migrate the 1900 areas over to 850 (so it will get better for you, rather than worse).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-i9305) that was purchased in Europe and is unlocked. I understand it is capable of the following data frequency spectrum...

2G - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz

3G - HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz

4G - LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 MHz

I am currently in Montgomery, Alabama and was expecting to pull better data speed than what I am able to pull currently, which is just Edge/2G. Is it possible to get 3G or even 4G speeds from AT&T in this area on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-i9305)?

From AT&T tech support on the phone earlier today they mentioned extending their 4G service to pre-paid/Go phone users.  

Can you please help shed some light on their usage of the spectrum in the Montgomery area? Or is the throttled down data speed aspect associated with my account, and can be easily fixed via administrative internal system controls?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.