For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
cweide's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 11:45 PM

Upgrading

How often are you able to update your phone without using the AT&T next program? My husband swears it's once a year, but I have had my phone almost two years and according to the app I am only able to upgrade with the next program.
Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Getting a phone at a discounted price is only available every 2 years. You probably won't be eligible for a discounted phone until your current contract expires. You can pay full price for a phone anytime. Be advised, though, that if you are on the mobile share plan and getting the "out of contract" discount, you will lose that discount if you upgrade at the 2 year contract price. You keep the discount if you upgrade with Next or pay full price.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Not sure what you are asking.

If you want, you can pay full retail for a phone and switch it out as often as you like.
With Next, there are options to finance for 12,18 or 24 months. It depends on what payment plan you were put on when you purchased the phone.
The 2 year subsidized plans are different from Next and change your plan and pricing, you lose the line discount.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.