Posted Jan 14, 2013
6:13:01 AM
View profile
Setting up Email on Home Computer

I previously had Comcast.  How do I get Comcast out of the Mac Mail app to enter in AT&T info?  I have Mac Mail 3.6.  Even when I delete all the fields in the Account Info boxes under Preferences, it still wants to register new info as "Comcast POP" and won't let me enter new POP or SMTP data.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 14, 2013 10:27:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nbmars - I believe you cannot change.You must delete and add via the small +/- signs?

go for a gmail acct & you will not have to change again. If yo still have access to Comcast you can download all your s
Stuff.

In AT&T acct set it to forward to gmail.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Setting up Email on Home Computer

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 14, 2013 10:27:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nbmars - I believe you cannot change.You must delete and add via the small +/- signs?

go for a gmail acct & you will not have to change again. If yo still have access to Comcast you can download all your s
Stuff.

In AT&T acct set it to forward to gmail.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Setting up Email on Home Computer

2 of 3 (570 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2013 11:21:07 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by bauwls on Jan 14, 2013 at 11:25:07 AM

While I'd agree with setting up a gmail instead of using an ISP's hosted email, since the mbr isn't able to add POP or SMTP data, they wouldn't be able to setup a gmail on macmail either.

Aviewer is correct with the + or -. Don't go through the 'add account' but rather Mail->Preferences->Accounts->+ 

Re: Setting up Email on Home Computer

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (563 Views)