For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
tmcd48's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 4:27 AM

After changing my cell number, my microcell now will not work.

I have added the new number to the approved user list. Now the 1st 2 lights stay on green, then the 3rd and 4th lights continue to blink. I have unplugged ac plug...restarted the microcell, reset the microcell, moved locations....nothing seems to help. Also I have not gotten the text notification of activation on my cell phone. 😞

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @tmcd48

I’d be happy to help with your Microcell! If the line that was initially used to register the Microcell was the one which had the wireless number change, please perform the following:

• Log in to your Microcell management page by choosing “Manage Settings” here.
  • You should see the details of the Microcell registration. Scroll down to “Disconnect Microcell” and click that link.
  • Your Microcell will then be removed from your account.
  • Allow 5 minutes, then head back to the Microcell page and this time choose Activate.
  • Proceed through the activation steps as you did when you initially set up the device.
  • Allow 90 minutes for activation and then test.

Should issues persist, please check your internet speeds to make sure they meet the requirements of 1.5 mbps download / 0.26 mbps upload, and ensure the Microcell is positioned near a window for a GPS lock.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Have you checked Otto's microcell guide?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Which MicroCell do you have, white or black?

There should not be a loss of connection when adding another AT&T cellular phone number to the Approved User list provided that the Primary Account number (the owner of the AT&T account) has not changed. Can you be a little more specific on your account setup (who's phone number is where).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.