Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
ravens2324's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, November 9th, 2017 5:53 PM

Who can I speak to who has the authority to override billing issues?

Charles R. Dickensheets, III has been a long standing customer. We have an issue regarding a $30.00 roaming/data usage charge for when we were out of the Country which is reflected on our current bill. However, we did not know this existed because we had never been out of the Country before. Thus, I called and waited for over 35 minutes with a woman named Tanya who could not help me. I then asked for a supervisor and was told that there was not one in the office. This is horrible customer service! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@ravens2324 wrote:

Charles R. Dickensheets, III has been a long standing customer. We have an issue regarding a $30.00 roaming/data usage charge for when we were out of the Country which is reflected on our current bill. However, we did not know this existed because we had never been out of the Country before. Thus, I called and waited for over 35 minutes with a woman named Tanya who could not help me. I then asked for a supervisor and was told that there was not one in the office. This is horrible customer service! 

so you want ATT to waive a valid charge because you didnt do your homework before leaving the USA?  Yeah ok....  They refused to remove the charge because its valid.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

7 years ago

@ravens2324 wrote:

So you called and demanded they give you $30 and are upset they didn't?

Would you walk into a local business and demand they give you money?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

It could have been worse.  

ATT has been billed by the carrier you connected to for your roaming.  They will therefore NOT refund the charge.  

The alternate in such cases of accidental roaming is to add a roaming package before the bill cycle ends.  Since the minimum package is $40, you are better off paying the pay per use rate.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I was using WiFi and was told there would be no charges. No need for your
uncalled for remarks.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I didn't demand anything but good customer service never leaves a dept
unsupervised.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your kind reply unlike the others. No one is perfect but by
being a longstanding customer, good customer service should be a given.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@ravens2324 wrote:
Thank you for your kind reply unlike the others. No one is perfect but by
being a longstanding customer, good customer service should be a given.

I understand how you feel, but roaming is like taxes, it’s a charge being passed on to you from another carrier.   Off network roaming is terribly expensive.  

We recommend keeping phones in airplane mode, and then turn on Wifi if available, unless you have purchased a travel plan.  Even a few minutes connected to another carrier by accident can result in high charges for data.  

Link to travel plans.   https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans.html

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

That is exactly what I did! I had my phone in airplane mode and connected
to wifi only a handful of times during that wk. If I was out of airplane
mode, I was in wifi mode which is why I do not understand my charges. At&t
is not helpful in the least with even a remotely plausible explanation.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@ravens2324 wrote:
That is exactly what I did! I had my phone in airplane mode and connected
to wifi only a handful of times during that wk. If I was out of airplane
mode,
I was in wifi mode which is why I do not understand my charges. At&t
is not helpful in the least with even a remotely plausible explanation.

This may be the key.......” If I was out of airplane mode, I was in wifi mode “ 

Your phone can remain in airplane mode, and the turn Wifi back on.  This keeps your cellular off.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I just tried to do it again, airplane and wifi mode at same time, and it
didn't work. I have an iPhone plus 7. I don't know if that matters.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.