Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Activ3's profile

5 Messages

Sunday, March 31st, 2024 12:19 PM

Closed

Military Cancellation

I followed the steps in the link, submitted my orders and got a confirmation email.  My phone is unlocked and I was able to switch providers for my deployment.  Everything seems to have worked smoothly, however when I look at my account it now says "military" and also "SUSPENDED" in red letters.  I did the cancelation with number hold.  I think because I asked to hold the number the account automatically goes to "suspended" and not "cancelled".  

I also have a note that says "Payoff requested. You've asked to make a final payment on your installment plan.  Here's the total balance for it."  Then on my payment schedule it says PENDING with the total I owe on my phone and it was scheduled for the day my military cancellation went through a couple days ago. 

I definitely did everything correct and qualify for the installments to be paid off (past the 14 days buyer remorse, received orders after I received my phone, good standing, etc.).  I did this a few years ago and my phone was paid off by AT&T but I did not do the number hold and my account said cancelled not suspended.  If my phone isn't paid off I could have ported my number out and received a pretty good welcome bonus to a new provider overseas. So I'm really banking on the AT&T doing that for me. 

I want to know if I should email [email scrubbed] and just have the account flat out cancelled without the number hold (I actually like my new number with my new provider)? Or is this standard and don't worry about it.  Like I said last time my account said cancelled and the phone was paid off immediately.  

I know there is not technically a "military suspension" but now my account literally says military and then suspended, with my phone unlocked.  

Thanks for the help!

1 Message

1 month ago

@formerlyknownas We're all waiting for a reply...

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

1 month ago

Despite the miscommunication from the original poster (that he had taken a new number with a different service provider) he successfully did military suspension on his AT&T service.

If you have a question or a problem, create your own thread. Do not hop on someone else's resolve issue

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.