Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
tc4all's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 4th, 2019 9:22 PM

Free Samsung Galaxy phone not showing as free.

I properly did the upgrade of one phone and the line plan to a multi line plan and added a new phone, both Galaxy s9s.  The Target people and I worked for 5 days with AT&T to activate the second "free" phone.  The first activated fine.  Once done I kept getting told it takes 2 - 3 months for it to sow up as free.  I kept calling and told it was fine until one customer service person told me I wasn't eligible because the 2nd phone was activated after the promotion.  My receipts are for the promotion date.  The activation delay was due to AT&T problems.  A woman at AT&T agreed and said it should be fine and she would escalate it.  I would get an answer on Feb 7.  It is now March 4 and no response and no credit on my bill.  Who can I talk to or better yet, who can I send a long nice email explaining all the things that are happening?  No rep I talk to, and there have been at least 8 or more, has been able to get things moving, despite agreeing and saying they would escalate it or take care of it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

@tc4all wrote:

I properly did the upgrade of one phone and the line plan to a multi line plan and added a new phone, both Galaxy s9s.  The Target people and I worked for 5 days with AT&T to activate the second "free" phone.  The first activated fine.  Once done I kept getting told it takes 2 - 3 months for it to sow up as free.  I kept calling and told it was fine until one customer service person told me I wasn't eligible because the 2nd phone was activated after the promotion.  My receipts are for the promotion date.  The activation delay was due to AT&T problems.  A woman at AT&T agreed and said it should be fine and she would escalate it.  I would get an answer on Feb 7.  It is now March 4 and no response and no credit on my bill.  Who can I talk to or better yet, who can I send a long nice email explaining all the things that are happening?  No rep I talk to, and there have been at least 8 or more, has been able to get things moving, despite agreeing and saying they would escalate it or take care of it. 

What date did you actually make the purchase? What day does your billing cycle start? BOGO phones do take 3 billing cycles to show on the bill as free. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.