For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mhaffely's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, April 24th, 2024 3:29 PM

Bill increasing monthly

for the last four months, my bill has been increasing by $10 monthly. It is currently up to $140 a month when I first signed up they promised it wouldn’t get over $110 looking for providers and other options. please get back to me.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 days ago

There is no reason your bill would keep increase month over month unless you make changes. If you autopay with a credit card, the discount is only $5, instead of $10. That would have been a one-time increase; the new price shouldn't change after that first time.

There's recently been a price increase of $.99 on current plans, but again, it will increase on month and then plateau.

Look at your detailed bill and see if there are other differences.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

10 days ago

@Mhaffely 

There isn't a price for life or max cap so promising it could never be over $110 shouldn't have been done. That being said, increasingly $10 monthly makes no sense. I would review the last few bills and see where exactly it is changing by $10 each time. As mentioned autopay with credit card discount did reduce by $5 so may be one of the changes.

As for looking at other providers and requesting (from AT&T I expect) to get back to you, this is a public forum of other customers. For official support you call AT&T. We can help provide guidance and get you some answers from our knowledge and experience.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 days ago

As I always say, read your bill. Bills don't go up for no reason. And if you hit the plus sign and expand all the different fields it will tell you exactly why your bill went up next to the line item that caused the increase. 

There have been some increases in the past few months which the others have already mentioned so I won't repeat. 

The other reason your bill might go up is federal state and local taxes and 911 fees are usually adjusted every quarter. And those never go down.  

If there are any other charges on your bill like long-distance calls, or suspend and reconnect fees, they would be noted specifically as such on the bill 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.