For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
rowdyty's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 7:43 AM

Traveling to the U.S

Hello at&t!

in a few days i'm coming to travel at the west coast and New York and i have a few questions:

1. when i land, can i purchase in one of your stores a sim card for my phone for internet and phone calls?or i need to do it from the website? and if so how much will it cost? 

2. do i need to do any special actions before my flight? like disable my own sim card at my country so your sim card could work? or i just go to the store and they change the sim card with no problem?

3. i'm coming for three weeks from 9/15 to 10/5, can a plan be only for these dates? or it's month to month fee?and after that month can i cancel my sim card online with no problems or extra fees?

thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@rowdyty You'll just do prepaid. 

Make certain after you sign up that you haven't signed up for autopay. I'd just use a prepaid card if you can get one and set it up yourself. You might be able to get a prepaid card and SIM at a store like Walmart or some grocery stores.

Nothing to do to cancel if autopay is off, it'll just expire. And you'll verify that autopay is off, right?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@rowdyty wrote:

Hello at&t!

in a few days i'm coming to travel at the west coast and New York and i have a few questions:

1. when i land, can i purchase in one of your stores a sim card for my phone for internet and phone calls?or i need to do it from the website? and if so how much will it cost? You can purchase at a store. Should be the same price as online but authorized retailers might charge more.

2. do i need to do any special actions before my flight? like disable my own sim card at my country so your sim card could work? or i just go to the store and they change the sim card with no problem? No, you don’t need to do anything to your SIM card. 

3. i'm coming for three weeks from 9/15 to 10/5, can a plan be only for these dates? or it's month to month fee?and after that month can i cancel my sim card online with no problems or extra fees? Prepaid plans are 30 days long. As noted above, make sure you don’t sign up for autopay.

thank you!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

Just an FYI about service....

Your phones would be compatible with GSM carriers only, of which ATT is the largest and has best coverage.   However, no carrier covers all of the USA.   There are huge areas in the West with no coverage.  There are areas in upstate NY with no coverage..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.