Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ktheiss's profile

1 Message

Friday, May 10th, 2024 2:54 PM

Trade in

I traded in 2 Samsung phones in for 2 new Samsung s24 phones at an att store in February. I was also told in any condition and the new phones would be free. Both phones were operational and 3 days later I  turned the old ones in. I have waited the 3 months got my bill and no credits showed. I called att and was told my phones were not working so no credit and I will have to pay for both phones!! You can imagine my surprise, I  have been a loyal customer for over 20 years.  The rep said the back office which accepts the phones are voiding my offer of free phones. I stated I never would have traded in my phones if there was a chance of this happening. I also stated if this couldn't be fixed I wanted to send back the phones. I was told I couldn't do that either because my 3 month window to make a return had closed. This is REALLY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE!!! Misrepresentation,  no one called to day there was an issue, I only find out because I called. I can't believe this is happening!! In the past att has always worked to ensure that as a customer I am treated with respect. This time when I asked for a got a manager, she basically said too bad this is what it is. I will be leaving att because of this!!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

10 days ago

Do you have the receipt from the store you traded them in at? That should be enough to show they were in good condition. The only legitimate reason those would be rejected would be because the phones weren't turned off so the battery died en route. If so, they wouldn't power on when they were inspected. I'm not sure if "any condition" includes phones that will not turn on...it should, though.

If you file a BBB complaint you'll get escalated to the Office of the President. That group has more authority to help customers out than anyone you'll talk to when you call.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.