Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
darylhenderson's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 1st, 2019 9:45 PM

Over billed, over promised, under delivered and about to cancel my account

How do I speak to someone higher than a supervisor?!

In the last six months I've spent over approximately 10 hours on the phone with ATT fixing billing issues and errors. I've been an ATT customer for over 10 years now and my whole family is on the same plan. To change carriers would be a pain to say the least, and worth it if I can stop dealing with being lied to, given the run around, and having to fight to get back money that should have never been taken from my accounts. 

In january I realized I was paying $40 per month for a service I never got. Initially I was going to get faster/ cheaper internet yet when the technician came he said that it couldn't be installed due an issue outside the house on the telephone pole that prevented the service from being installed. That did not however, prevent ATT billing me $743.24 for the service I never got. This took 4 phone calls over 3 months to finally get the issue resolved and reimbursed. ATT has also been billing for an iPad data service that my parents called and cancelled months ago, yet this is still not resolved and no refund yet. 

The latest debacle involves being lied to by a store associate when I got a new phone. It was finally time to upgrade my phone and I was told that if I added TV service in my home, note that I don't own a TV, that my internet price would remain the same, at $60/month, and it would include the TV service. Additionally I was told that it would give me a $20/month discount on my phone bill. Well, none of that was true. The TV service was installed, again I don't own a TV, and now not only am I not getting the monthly discount, I am being billed an additional $94 per month for a service I can't use. I've contacted the store and sales associate responsible 3 times now and each time I've been told that "they are on the phone with customer service right now" to get me a credit on the bill and they will call me back. I have received no call backs or refunds at this point, and now my most recent bill was $434 dollars when it should have been $135.

Needless to say I need to speak to someone who can rectify the mistakes that the sales associate made, give me a refund, and then cancel account. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Why on earth would you order a tv service you can’t use regardless of what discount it might get you? Anyway, the best way to escalate is to file an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. If they can’t or won’t fix, no one will.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I figured that if I could a bill discount and my other services didn't change in cost then it was worth it. Won't make that mistake again. Regardless, thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. 

Best, 

Daryl 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

More services never costs less.  And since you have to be on a 2 year contract, your somewhat stuck.   

You can reduce the TV package to the basics, that might cut cost.

FYI only the account owner can cancel a line, so your parents can’t cancel a line on your account - only you can.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.