Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
jasonmfry's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 11:56 AM

Need advice about porting to Red Pocket Mobile MVNO

My family and I are about to switch our phone plans from AT&T postpaid to Red Pocket because it'll save us over 60% on our mobile bill. But we want to make sure we can keep our numbers and switch back to AT&T if Red Pocket is just terrible.

From what I've read, it's difficult to port a number from an AT&T MVNO, such as Red Pocket, back to AT&T. I'm not clear why, but many users have said you can do it easily, others have said it's complicated. It seems the best way to do it is to port from AT&T MVNO to a Sprint MVNO then port to AT&T. So knowing this upfront, I think we should use a Sprint MVNO just in case we want to switch back, it will be simpler.

Any suggestions? Why is it sometimes necessary to port to a Sprint MVNO then to AT&T postpaid?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

Sprint?  Why on earth would you chose Sprint?  That’s a guarantee of bad service.  

Red pocket uses SIM cards from all 4 carriers.  It gives the user a choice of networks.  So unless Sprint is fabulous where you live, you wouldn't want to use a Sprint Sim.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.