Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
relentless671's profile

4 Messages

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 7:38 PM

loyaty

I have been a loyal customer of AT&T for over 11 years and have always appreciated their service. However, I recently encountered a problem with my bill and the loyalty department. Despite trading in my phone and expecting $1000 in credits over 36 months, I never received it. Additionally, I transferred a phone to my daughter within my plan in order to switch to Verizon for better service at my workplace. Unfortunately, I was charged the full price of the iPhone 15 Pro Max on my next bill, leaving me with a $1200 bill without any credits. I was disheartened by the experience and felt talked down to by the loyalty department.

I wanted to share my experience with AT&T and fellow customers. While I have been a satisfied customer for many years, I am now considering switching to Verizon due to this issue. I hope that AT&T can address these concerns and improve their customer service in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

25 days ago

Your post is a little confusing so let me see if I have this right. You upgraded your phone line and traded in a phone. Let's call your phone line 1234. 

You weren't getting sufficient service with AT&T so you took your phone number, 1234 and ported it to Verizon?  Yes?

On your next bill you got a bill for the full cost of the iPhone 15 that you gave to your daughter because she was staying on your AT&T account?  Yes?

Did you understand that this is how it works?   That's a rhetorical question here's a sample of what the trade-in offers look like. Because you canceled your phone line by porting it out to another service provider you've voided the deal. Unfortunately, you also have a big fat bill for the phone which could only have gotten credits if you stayed an AT&T customer for 36 months. 

Here's some of the paperwork that you should have seen and definitely should have read when you did your trade in. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

25 days ago

These deals have also been going on from all three service providers since 2019. They all have the same requirements. You trade in a phone, you stay until all the installments and all the bill credits have been paid out. Both AT&T and Verizon require 36 months of bill credits. If you cancel service, which you did when you ported your number out, the remaining of the bill credits are void and the remainder of your installments are due in full immediately on the next bill. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.