For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Gwolff33's profile

12 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 11:40 PM

Closed

I got a notification from Intuit that my social security # has been compromised due to AT&T

Hello, I have received a notification that my social security # has been compromised by the AT&T leak.  I have not been a customer for quite a few years and this is just absolutely ridiculous.  I need to contact someone with the company to take them up on their offer for free protection for 1 year and for their insurance plan now that my identity may be stolen due to their negligence.  I don't want to have to get lawyers involved.  But they need to make sure my life is not affected.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Data Breach

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

13 days ago

If you were affected by the breach, AT&T will mail you a letter with instructions to enroll in the protection service. 

Although it sounds like you already have that through Intuit so it might not matter. 

5 Messages

13 days ago

I was affected by the breach as well.  It sounds like you have signed up for the 1 year protection plan.  I would download the reports they offer and follow the instructions and verify if your information was breached.  Hope that helps.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 days ago

The data breach affected current and former customers. Companies retain former customer,info for a certain amount of time after closure. 

12 Messages

12 days ago

This is (Edited per community guidelines)! I'm pretty sure we will be filing a (Edited per community guidelines), (Edited per community guidelines) style, shortly.  Why do you STILL have my information???

(edited)

12 Messages

12 days ago

HAHA you can't even mention the L word.  Or the C A word in this forum.  This is pretty much the worst thing I've seen.  We're coming for you AT&T!

12 Messages

12 days ago

Mic Check, HELLO brother, I had service with this company YEARS ago!  I don't have the same address.

12 Messages

12 days ago

I need an ACTUAL representative to reach out to me YESTERDAY!  I am fuming, I will need to contact la*yers if I do not hear back.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 days ago

@Gwolff33  This is a public, customer only forum. Nobody is going to call  you. Hopefully ATTHelp will respond with a link to contact them.

From what I understand the data breach was from a company that AT&T contracts with. AT&T should have been more diligent in making sure the company had better security. You can try this: Contact Us but if you're not a current customer I'm not sure how much help they will be if you're not in the system anymore.

ACE - Master

• 

10.5K Messages

12 days ago

@Gwolff33  No rep is going to reach out to you.  All they will do is tell you to contact them.  If you’re looking for answers, you probably aren’t going to get the ones you want.  If you want to do legal stuff, then do it

and let that play out.  Ranting on this forum isn’t going to do anything.  That’s the reality.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.