Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
burtakus's profile

3 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 4:17 AM

Christmas Gift

Hello I received a cell phone for a Christmas gift and my girlfriend unexpectedly past away in January.  I can’t make any phone calls and when I go to AT&T it showing service suspended. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

11 days ago

Was she the account holder? If she was, and passed away, then it sounds like the account was suspended for non-payment. If that's the case, there's not much you can do. You also have another post about not being able to make calls on an AppleWatch 6. If the AppleWatch 6 was tied to her account as well, that could be the reason.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

11 days ago

Yeah unfortunately the equipment and service are tied to someone who passed away 5 months ago, there isn't anything you can do. You'll have to buy a new phone and start new service on your own.

If you had been proactive in January, bringing a death certificate to an AT&T store, they could have transferred the phone and your phone number into your name and closed her account out.  

3 Messages

11 days ago

I have an Apple Watch Cellular how can I make calls on it. I have the ESIM installed 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Apple Watch 6

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

You have to set up the watch either as a companion device, or with family setup.

https://www.att.com/support/smallbusiness/article/smb-wireless/KM1225992/

During the process, your watch would be set up on your postpaid account.. rate plan is $10 plus the tax and fees similar to your phone line

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.