For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kezell's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 12:45 PM

Charged for a device that was returned "NEXT PLAN"

I figured I would post here to share my recent and still on-going issue. Does not look like you all get much support here either.

In April I pre-ordered the Galaxy S8, it arrived. I transferred my data over from my iPhone6s. I box it up a few days later, placed it in the box ATT provided with their return label, then sent it off.

I received a text message on May 6th from AT&T, the message said "we have received your device. there is nothing further you need to do, THANK YOU for being an ATT next customer!"

This when the problems started. After I received the that text, about 10 days later I started receiving text messages, saying I needed to return my device. I called ATT, I was told "Don't worry about it sir, its a glitch in the system". Ok, well then BAM, guess what pops on my next month bill...Yep, 375.00. I call ATT back and was told "That's strange, we will have that removed right away. Well that right away have been two and a half months. I also had an email saying that I agreed to pay the 375.00 by July 31, then I get another one saying I agreed to pay by Aug 8th...neither of which I agreed to. They said its so I don't incur any late charges...

I have the tracking number, the reference number, etc...I even know that the phone I traded in was sold on May 26th. They email me the IMEI number, and it listed the name and phone number of the person that bought it.

All the proof has been provided, but NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO.....I get transferred from Customer Service, to Billing, to Combined Billing, to Customer Loyalty, then Account Receivable, then repeat. Two hours on the phone yesterday.

Anyway. There is a lot more to the story that I don't feel like typing.

I expect this to get as much attention as I have been getting on the phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

7 years ago

@kezell wrote:

I figured I would post here to share my recent and still on-going issue. Does not look like you all get much support here either.

In April I pre-ordered the Galaxy S8, it arrived. I transferred my data over from my iPhone6s. I box it up a few days later, placed it in the box ATT provided with their return label, then sent it off.

I received a text message on May 6th from AT&T, the message said "we have received your device. there is nothing further you need to do, THANK YOU for being an ATT next customer!"

This when the problems started. After I received the that text, about 10 days later I started receiving text messages, saying I needed to return my device. I called ATT, I was told "Don't worry about it sir, its a glitch in the system". Ok, well then BAM, guess what pops on my next month bill...Yep, 375.00. I call ATT back and was told "That's strange, we will have that removed right away. Well that right away have been two and a half months. I also had an email saying that I agreed to pay the 375.00 by July 31, then I get another one saying I agreed to pay by Aug 8th...neither of which I agreed to. They said its so I don't incur any late charges...

I have the tracking number, the reference number, etc...I even know that the phone I traded in was sold on May 26th. They email me the IMEI number, and it listed the name and phone number of the person that bought it.

All the proof has been provided, but NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO.....I get transferred from Customer Service, to Billing, to Combined Billing, to Customer Loyalty, then Account Receivable, then repeat. Two hours on the phone yesterday.

Anyway. There is a lot more to the story that I don't feel like typing.

I expect this to get as much attention as I have been getting on the phone.

Send all of the info you have via private message to @ATTMobilityCare. Someone with that team should be able to get this resolved for you. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

I agree, send all to Mobility care.  We were told they are experiencing high volume this week so it may take longer than the usual 2-3 days to respond.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.