Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
kemerly's profile

1 Message

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 11:20 PM

Billing Overcharge $16k

-Feb 17 l go into ATT ask them to put an
international day pass on my account, they do. 
-Feb 21 I head to Norway on a military training, stay there for about 10 days. I get texts from ATT saying
"Congrats you have the international day pass.." (4 times on different days) 
-Mar 1 I return to the states, go into the ATT and ask them to remove the day pass bc I'm back 
-Mar 17 I check my bill and it says i have roaming charges amounting to over $16.5K. I contact ATT customer care, they said this is a valid charge there's nothing we can do to help the line says you don't have international day pass
 -Mar 18 l call again, they said that in the account they saw that l added the international day pass on February 21 but when I removed it on March 1 it was backdated to be removed on February 21 by the employee. I believe this to be an error by AT&T and not myself. So they then escalate the case. They said they couldn't do anything at their level bc of the amount. 
-March 25 l call customer support again they transfer me to the executive officers of the president they said my case with them was closed but sent to their Global Service Legal department. They said they don't have a number or a way to reach them but through email, I sent an email Mar 28 but have yet to hear something.
-April 1 called mobility care , they tell me they don’t see anything and I need to make a fraud claim. 
-May 2, get an email saying your case is not fraud call mobility care. I ended up calling the legal department and they said that only the executive officers of the president can help but they have no phone number so they’ll send an email on my behalf. 
So now what do I do? I just need some guidance or help, at this point my account is negative $16500. I’ve been calling, I haven’t spent hours on the phone w them, I’m at the end of my rope here. Someone please help me. I’m on the verge of a mental breakdown. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

15 days ago

The employee backdated the removal of the plan? That would be like backdating end of Active-Duty orders to the wrong date in DEERS resulting in loss of Tricare eligibility causing a headache in medical bills.

At this point I suggest filing a BBB complaint. That gets forwarded to their upper management, which should get contact from their Office of the President within a few business days. Have all your documentation ready. From your explanation they have the information that showcases the error, but one hand doesn't know what the other is doing so the fix isn't going through.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

15 days ago

Nice try. That's not how day pass works. It's not like the old passport plan which could be backdated or post-dated.  Removing it is never necessary because it only charges you when you connect to a foreign tower.  

And since you indicate that it functioned while you were abroad, you would have been charged $10 every day it functioned.

But let's play along... File a better Business bureau complaint online. The better Business bureau complaint is forwarded to AT&T upper management and someone will contact you. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

13 days ago

For everyone else reading this:

Run, don't walk, to https://att.com . Make sure that the International Day Pass (IDP) is enabled for all your lines (you need to check each line). Take screenshots for each line, make sure the date & time on your screen is visible in each shot (double-check before traveling).

Even if you think you think you're never going to travel internationally, it doesn't hurt. There is no charge unless you actually use it.  IDP = $12 per day that you use it (going up to $12, if it already hasn't), $0 if you don't. Maximum 10 days per billing cycle.

Without IDP, if you use data, it's $2.05 per MB, that's $2,000 per GB. That's likely over $12 just to update your email in the background and whatever else updates; significantly more if a lot needs to update.

Even if you plan to have airplane mode on or will get an international SIM for traveling, it doesn't hurt to have IDP on.  If you never use it, no charge. If you accidentally use it or need to in an emergency, then no big deal, as it's just $12 for the days you use it. What if you're lost and you need to use data or your local SIM is acting up (or out of data), and you just want to pull up a map, let's keep the max for that emergency down to one day of IDP?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

13 days ago

@Gary L 

100% agree.  It's a safety net.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

13 days ago

-Feb 17 l go into ATT ask them to put an
international day pass on my account, they do. 
FYI, it had to be on your phone line.  It is not an account feature 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.