Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
j212scott's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 24th, 2019 1:37 AM

AT&T not honoring promotion

I ported over from Verizon in February 2017.  I walked into an AT&T retail location where a sales rep offered 2 promotions.  1. Free iPhone 7 when you have DirecTv and port over from another carrier.  2. BOGO on latest smartphones. The store had signage up for both.

We chose the iPhone offer (already had DirecTv).  We went over all the details with the sales rep.  We had to pay on the phone for the first 3 months, then get credit for what has been paid plus a continuing credit until the phone was paid for.  We upgraded to the iPhone 7+ so we would have to pay the difference (apx $3.20/month).  After numerous times of going back to the store and calling customer service.... It is now March 2019, and we are STILL PAYING FOR THE IPHONE....  The issue seems to be that the offer expired 2 days before we switched over.  Now my issue is, that is the promotion that was offered (expired or not) so that is the promotion that needs to be honored.  I can not help that the AT&T's sales representative pushed an expired offer.   If I knew it was expired, we would have done the BOGO promotion.  Everyone I spoke with (with exception to today's sorry customer service manager) stated they would resolve the issue and credit my account, yet none have honored their word.  Today's "manager" stated there was no such promotion as I read the promotion and its terms to him straight from ATT.com.... This is getting OLD and I am sure that Verizon would love to have my money instead.

Another thing I keep getting told is (from customer service) "we can't do anything on our end, you would have to go back to the point of sale", so we go back to the point of sale and get told "we can submit a ticket and have it resolved through customer service"

Has anyone else dealt with this same kind of lies from AT&T?????

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@j212scott I'm sure some salespeople do it on purpose to make sales (which is why you should read offers that you are agreeing to).I'm sure some salespeople do not pay attention to the offers or are just plain wrong (which is why you should read the offer that you are agreeing to).

The "read the offers" portion is for other people stumbling onto this thread, so that they will read first as it's crucial to do (it's not a suggestion for you).

Sorry, for your issues. I've never had any problems, but I obsess over any offer that requires me to make a commitment. 

Technically it sounds like there was no promotion to honor, calling and having them look up a promotion that wasn't active that day seems like it could be a waste of time.  The issue is a salesperson gave you incorrect information. I'm assuming you have no documentation to back this offer up? If you do, please post.

Some of this (likely) revolves around that no one wants to tell you "no" and then have you take it out on them (or rate your call/service low).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

Here's the info from the web site, unfortunately, it doesn't have a start or end date. Sorry, I'm not sure if it'll be helpful or not (can't see how it would be other than to show there was such an offer).

You also needed to click and do something to attach the two accounts, but it's possible if the billing info matched up that you didn't need to do anything.

A vague offer like this with no date specifics like that is kind of scary to me as it's obviously not forever and they're not handing me a free phone, I'm committing to 2 years of payments and they're giving me nothing in writing that if I'm meeting that requirement they'll credit me.  😞

As I'm kind of a pain, with nothing specific on there and if I couldn't find it online with a date, I'd have made them add the info to my receipt. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.49.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.46.50 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.46.13 PM.jpg

3 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issues with a promotion at Costco in April. Since then they keep overcharge me and after months of call, today....September......a 'Supervisor Teddy' told me: Sorry I cannot see the promotion on your account!!! Whaaat?? You now add insult to the injuries??? And Directv on Demand never worked since April!!!!! I WILL CANCEL EVERYTHING!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Ambrogio wrote:

Same issues with a promotion at Costco in April. Since then they keep overcharge me and after months of call, today....September......a 'Supervisor Teddy' told me: Sorry I cannot see the promotion on your account!!! Whaaat?? You now add insult to the injuries??? And Directv on Demand never worked since April!!!!! I WILL CANCEL EVERYTHING!!!!

If it was a Costco promotion, then AT&T might not see it or even know about it. Without any more details, it's hard to know. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ambrogio wrote:

So Costco screwed you over right?  COMPLAIN TO COSTCO.   Charging you the correct amount as agreed by AT&T isn’t an overcharge.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Apparently you didn’t read the message. The contract was made at Costco but ATT agreed at those terms.....for the past few months keep changing and send me credit to my account for their mistakes....now ATT said: moving forward there is an increase of $20 monthly!!!! Is it clear now how scam and shady ATT IS?? ATT try to screw me over! I said trying because now everything is in the hand on my AMEX lawyers! You can deal with them!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.