Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
vinuneedline's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 14th, 2016 8:05 PM

Activation problem in Sams Club

Hi,

Me and my husband got iphone tickets (Thanksgiving Sale) in Sams Club on 11-12-2016. We want to get a new number. But the employee said he is unable to activate and as "Work SSN cannot be used" . We have that SSN only and its legal. I was able to open bank account, get my car using this. I am very much worried. Kindly help me to activate a new number with my iPhone 7. They have a deal ($250 free with each activation) and I do not want  to miss it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

8 years ago

You have a problem.  ATT requires a US SS# for postpaid plans.  You need a postpaid plan to use Next, you have to use Next to get the iPhone deal.  

You would have to open an account with ATT (at a corporate store) and pay a significant deposit on each line to open a postpaid account.

If yo default on a car loan or mortgage, neither is portable if you leave the country and default.  The same is not true of a smartphone.  Very portable and has a high resale value.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.