Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Andrew-2112's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 4th, 2019 10:39 PM

22gb Speed Throttle

Please note this is affecting my day to day work at a Government job where we require above average data usage.

Hello,

Due to where I work I average around 35gb of data per month. It has gotten unusably slow considering the cost paid this is unacceptable. I have both 15gb hotspot and unlimited so the Premium plan with full 5GE connection and the speeds are at 22kpbs or slower. I was on T Mobile and never had a slow down and had constant 100+ down speeds even at 40 GB a month. I switched because this Government building I work in only has a ATT cell node and no other service can get through, this forced me to switch. With that said I'm paying more money than I was and even upgraded to the highest plan available with ATT and have unlimited yet cant go over 22gb or my phone becomes useless with barely any data speed. This needs to be handled as its extremely frustrating and I have training to complete and daily material we need to watch from the public. Please work with me to get rid of this 22gb speed throttle or increase it as this is affecting my day to day work. 5g is getting rolled out, if the 22gb limit is not void there is not point to 5g considering how fast it would max it out. This is the only service provider this building allows so it was a forced switch I did not want but had to have to continue day to day operations but the 22gb throttle is haulting my work. So far I've had a positive experience with ATT, please don't break that trend.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Andrew-2112 wrote:

Please note this is affecting my day to day work at a Government job where we require above average data usage.

Hello,

Due to where I work I average around 35gb of data per month. It has gotten unusably slow considering the cost paid this is unacceptable. I have both 15gb hotspot and unlimited so the Premium plan with full 5GE connection and the speeds are at 22kpbs or slower. I was on T Mobile and never had a slow down and had constant 100+ down speeds even at 40 GB a month. I switched because this Government building I work in only has a ATT cell node and no other service can get through, this forced me to switch. With that said I'm paying more money than I was and even upgraded to the highest plan available with ATT and have unlimited yet cant go over 22gb or my phone becomes useless with barely any data speed. This needs to be handled as its extremely frustrating and I have training to complete and daily material we need to watch from the public. Please work with me to get rid of this 22gb speed throttle or increase it as this is affecting my day to day work. 5g is getting rolled out, if the 22gb limit is not void there is not point to 5g considering how fast it would max it out. This is the only service provider this building allows so it was a forced switch I did not want but had to have to continue day to day operations but the 22gb throttle is haulting my work. So far I've had a positive experience with ATT, please don't break that trend.

AT&T doesn't throttle unlimited plans. After 22GB, data is reprioritized when the network is congested. Of course, if everyone in your building is using AT&T, that might be common.   It seems curious that this government building you're in only has a cellular network connection. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Andrew-2112   The 2 lower tiered plans were released yesterday 

The new Extra plan has 50 gigs of data before it reprioritizes 

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans/   You can switch your plan online tonight.

Or wait for :

AT&T Unlimited Elite

• $85 for a single line; $50 per line for 4 lines
  • Unlimited talk, text, and data in the US, Mexico, and Canada
  • Fastest AT&T speeds up to 100GB of data per line
  • 30GB mobile hotspot per line
  • Includes HBO (and HBO Max in May) for life of the plan
  • Stream video in HD
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.