Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
DigiDat's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 7:43 PM

Using Formerly Used AT@T GSM SIM CARD in a DZ09 Smartwatch

Greetings,

How can I activate and use a formerly used (by me) AT&T GSM GoPhone Sim Card for my DZ09 SmartWatch?  Can I even use the Sim Card in the DZ09? I inserted it into the watch and the watch recognized the Sim. Also, what is the cost? Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If the sim card was deactivated, it can't be reactivated. It does not really matter though since Gophone does not support any wearable devices, so no.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@DigiDat

Additional... From what I can see it’s also a 2G only device.   Att has no 2G network

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Okay. Not what I wanted to hear, but, I am trying FreedomPop. I ordered a Sim today shipped for .99 After my free trial, I will go down to the free plan of only 200 Min. , 500 Txts 512 MB Data. But, on my SmartWatch, I don't anticipate needing more than that, except perhaps data. We will see.

Thanks Again,

DigiDat

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@DigiDat

Freedom pop is a 3g 4g network.  They have no 2G network    

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreedomPop

Freedom pop also does not supply the services to connect a smart watch.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank You,

I found out after I had posted my question here, that I did indeed need 2g. I also found out that AT&T was tearing down or ridding their Network of all 2g.

However, T-Mobile it seems does have 2-G. So, perhaps that is a solution.

I also received a Sim Card that had printed on it H20. Anyone familiar with that may be. They were ready to take all the info off of the sim and my device and "sign me up." But, I knew nothing of them. Maybe someone on this forum knows.

BTW, isn't it true that AT&T does provide real network service to owners of the Samsung "Gear Watches?"

Cordially,

DigiDat

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

H2O is an MVNO is ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just recently bought the DZ09 smartwatch from tophatter.com, where can I get the sim card for it?  I live in Tennessee and have ATT carrier for my android phone.

I am confused!  It does work with my android phone with bluetooth, but some of the options when I click say insert sim.  I didnt realize they needed a sim card when I purchased it.  SIGH!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@mrslang2010  Geesh, read the thread.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

check out the top list of the dz09 smartwatches at........ [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@glotybouy

Those won’t work with ATT cellular.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.