Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I'm getting 500/500 at the moment, and I'm watching a movie on netflix. For me the internet service has always been superb. I had comcast before; the problem with comcast is that it was down regularly. Every time they did an upgrade somewhere it was down for 15 minutes; or they'd reset my modem. I work from home so I noticed; and it was a major PIA. ATT has virtually never been down in 2 years. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having the same issue it will be great for a week or so then will lose connection every 2 to 3 hours 

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Change the channel the WAP is on, or get ATT to do it since they have the login info for the WAP. You can get the login info for the gateway online, but that won't help for this situation. You need the WAP login info.

• 

6 Messages

I am using the Arris 2500VAP and I have the issue all the time. I can't login to the WAP though because the login info has not been released.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.