Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
kkb2323's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 12th, 2015 7:17 AM

RESETTING YOUR MODEM WLL SOLVE ALL YOUR INTERNET PROBLEMS !! NOT !

Every time I chat or call to talk to a at&t customer service rep they insist that I reset my modem.
I have reset my modem over 200 times since I have owned it. The service is so bad that it even drops during chat sessions with att. During chat they ask for a phone number just in case you are disconnected from them.
Every time I have chat with att, I was dropped and they called me on my cell hours later.
AT&T is aware of these problems and they aren't doing anything to correct it. There service is in need of a major overhaul/update. It's hard if not impossible to find a satisfied UVERSE internet customer.
TRY TO FIND A UVERSE ISP CUSTOMER WHO IS SATISFIED !!!
Question: When did UVERSE start throttling their service?? How do they chose who to throttle?!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@kkb2323 They don't throttle anyone's service, download/upload speed depends on the distance you are at. 

IPV6 causes alot of disconnects/reboots on 510 and 589 RGs, disable it.

Rely on ATT Uverse Care here for service problems.

I'm 400' from the VRAD and on 12/1.50 M VDSL Internet, I get 15.35/2.00 M after the 2d bump up in speed in last 1 1/2 years. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

mibrnsurg, can you translate your reply to this post into lay-person language? My wifi just began behaving erratically, and I've had to reset six times in the last 24 hours. I want to try the fix you suggested, but I don't know what IPV6 is or how to disable it. Can you clarify?

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

9 years ago

@willisther wrote:
mibrnsurg, can you translate your reply to this post into lay-person language? My wifi just began behaving erratically, and I've had to reset six times in the last 24 hours. I want to try the fix you suggested, but I don't know what IPV6 is or how to disable it. Can you clarify?

On the NVG589 gateway, go to Home Network, then select Configure. Change IPv6 to off from the drop-down selection and click save.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.