Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
devodvorak's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Monday, November 17th, 2014 6:59 PM

Problems with ATT service and Customer Service

If your support chat rep remotely resets your modem during the chat to basically hang up on you and info@att.com wont respond to numerous emails what are our other options to get ahold of someone to file a complaint and fix the issues on my lines that I continue to pay full price for.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

When the fowarding email verification says for 4 days there is a problem with the system try back in a few minutes and you cant get a hold of anytone to discuss what are our options. Send email after email, chats go nowhehere and nobody cares.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

When you are told by a "supervisor" that you will be getting a scheulded call to discuss your concerns and the time comes and goes what are the next options???

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@devodvorak wrote:

If your support chat rep remotely resets your modem during the chat to basically hang up on you and info@att.com wont respond to numerous emails what are our other options to get ahold of someone to file a complaint and fix the issues on my lines that I continue to pay full price for.  

Well, why'd ya use chat when you could have called someone and they would have called you back just as they did when they rebooted my RG.  They (off shore TS) called me back on my cell phone as he listened that I have Basic Talk thru the RG. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

thanks for the repsonse Chris, I appreciate it. 

The first question when begining a chat is " If our chat gets disconnected during troubleshooting, do I have your permission to call back, and if so,could you please provide me the best number to call you?"  This was all given....

The point at which the disconnection happened was not druing a time it should have and no call back happened.  It was an obvious blatent attempt to end the chat.   I had no way to call the 3rd support rep who I already spent another 45 minutes discussing my issues with.  Upon calling into CS I receive the same run around and no answers.  If the chat is not a viable CS option they shouldnt post it on their site as one of the first sources to try.  If info@att.com isnt a viable option they shouldnt be giving the address to comunicate issues through.  There was no reason to reboot my modem and no follow up there after.  I dont expet to hear why I didn't do something else when I went through the methods they put in front of me and still have intermittent interent.  This is not an issue woth the way I reached out it is an issue with providing service being paid for and taking care of current customers not just looking for new ones.  

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@devodvorak If internet problems are wireless, see SomeJoe's great wireless interference thread:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003#M1138

Also see the SJ post:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/ and find the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password. The default password for your RG is printed on a sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV and NVG589/510) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.